Is IDO hard to connect?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The fact that the site owner has not logged into the site for over 2 Months should tell everyone all they need to know about the site issue. Also the fact that the only advertisement still on the site is Norsk. I’m sure these days James has far more going on to really worry about than this site. I recently have made a profile over on Minnesota Outdoors. It does not seem to have near the traffic of this site, but it also doesn’t currently have the tec. issues. I figured I might as well have something in place just in case one day I try and sign in here and it simply no longer works. It would be sad to see this site fold. There are a TON of great guys with a Ton of knowledge here on the site. Rather or not it dies or not is still yet to be seen.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Since it seems likely an end to a damned good run it only seems fitting to have an IDO awards. Member votes of course. Trying to think of the categories….

Best troll

Most likely to have freezers full of illegal fish

Most likely to be a 32yr old jobless bum living in his gmas basement

Biggest river rat

Nicest boat

Most likely to have a zombie shelter

Biggest party pooper

Most annoying

This list could get interesting toast

Can’t forget the 8EFE Award!! rotflol rotflol

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The ongoing issues with using this site seem to be limited to a select group. I’m wondering where I can put in a request to add certain people to that list? I’d definitely pay for that opportunity.

Many of you use this site just like a facebook group. This is your social media. Facebook is a viable alternative for those of you who want that.

Also, I can’t stop laughing when I see people threaten to leave this free-to-them website for not getting better service. LOL

Riverrat

I love that this site is irrelevant now. There’s no way most of the conversations I’ve seen would even make it to the second page on any other site that’s actually monitored. Plus there’s way less adds. Alot of people with problems seem to be on things other than a PC. I just hit refresh and bang everythings fine. I’ll be sad if people that have introduced me to things like turd lures, and great state parks leave, but so be it.

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

I have noticed that the website does not like certain VPN servers at times. I have had success switching vpn servers and having it behave better. Also have had some luck clearing cookies/cashe. I typically stay logged in so most of my site issues are slow loading time vs not being able to log in.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have problems not matter what device I use. Its on My Computer, My Ipad, and My I phone. Before anyone says it, Its a brand new computer and this is the only site it has a issue with. As a matter of fact I have the most problems when using my Computer. It took me at least 4 attempts to just get the site to load when I tried to log in today. Almost every post or reply that I do I need to make a Copy of because about 1/2 of them will not post. If others are having way less issues, that’s good for you. Like I said, I will continue to use the site as long as it allows me to, or until the hassle no longer is worth it to me.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I’m not wanting to leave, it seems more like the site is leaving me. I sincerely hope it gets straightened out.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Since it seems likely an end to a damned good run it only seems fitting to have an IDO awards. Member votes of course. Trying to think of the categories….

Best troll

Most likely to have freezers full of illegal fish

Most likely to be a 32yr old jobless bum living in his gmas basement

Biggest river rat

Nicest boat

Most likely to have a zombie shelter

Biggest party pooper

Most annoying

So 1 and 7 are locks, we all know who they are. I don’t think I’m in the running for any awards. whistling

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Hey guys, I had a short txt chat with James today. He has been super busy with his new job in a very challenging market these days. When I asked about plans for IDO, here is what he said:

“Hey Jon, I don’t have any plans to shut down IDO but I don’t have any time to work on it. Dave is also spoken for working on a huge web development project. Once that is complete, and it will be several months yet, we’ll have time to parch things up.”

When James said he was busy, he mentioned he has only been on the water 2 times this open water season! So he is pouring 100% of his time on the new job and 100% committed to success for his family and all the people who count on him for their jobs and paychecks!

Hang in there IDO. It’s not the end of the road!

-J.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

I personally don’t have any issue posting from my iPhone or desktop. I guess I would never complain about the quality of a free product as it is. Im sure the owner wouldn’t say no to a volunteer….

Deuces

Im sure the owner wouldn’t say no to a volunteer….

I sure would. Thousand things wrong with that scenario.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks for reaching out to him Jon and thanks for the update. Lets hope good things for the future.

tswoboda

The site has been a lot better for me the last couple.

Agree that we need to do a IDO awards hosted by Beads

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Hey all,

We are looking to upgrade the server to handle some of these requests – we did a few small upgrades recently. This forum is massive and the database has a hard time keeping up.

The IDO forum will stay in place as James has no intention of shutting it down.

We will keep you updated on the server upgrades as dave is able to take on this work.

Until then – happy fishing!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Thanks Jakob and Jon, it was starting to get pretty bad a while before James left as you probably know. I had to change my name three different times, hence, the name third try guy, because I used to get these messages that said I was a spammer. That’s back when it was pure hell to try to log on. You guys have given us a little bit of hope, I sure hope it gets worked out.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Hey guys, I had a short txt chat with James today. He has been super busy with his new job in a very challenging market these days. When I asked about plans for IDO, here is what he said:

“Hey Jon, I don’t have any plans to shut down IDO but I don’t have any time to work on it. Dave is also spoken for working on a huge web development project. Once that is complete, and it will be several months yet, we’ll have time to parch things up.”

When James said he was busy, he mentioned he has only been on the water 2 times this open water season! So he is pouring 100% of his time on the new job and 100% committed to success for his family and all the people who count on him for their jobs and paychecks!

-J.

Thanks for reaching out to James and Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that there is hope of fixing the issues and the site continuing on.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

I haven’t had any problems signing on but the site itself has gone comatose just navigating around. First I thought it was my ISP, then my computer and finally realized it was this site. Closed browser and started again to “fix”. When leaving site normally log off.
    Anyway, no big deal but I come to this site less and less because of it…that old keep trying same way and expecting different results principle.

If you ever do awards I’d suggest the categories be in the form of BK’s “F”…FP==favorite post of all time FT == favorite troll, etc…BK developed a vernacular unique to IDO.

I will not be surprised when the day comes I get a 404 from this address, but it will be sad day. “Back in the day” new members to FTR were assigned a number indicating the they were member number “X”. Thus my signature for a few years here has been FTR #35. It was the gold standard for the exchange of information about fishing without a lot of infighting (except the James and Hoggie spat) and bickering.

10klakes

If we are doing awards… Lets not forget that JD Winston fellow from years ago and all of his personas. chased

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Would it be worth wild to just remove a chunk of the history to free up space? I have shirts in my closet I never wear anymore, If I get rid of them I have more room for new shirts. Just saying better then waiting 7 months.

Hey all,

We are looking to upgrade the server to handle some of these requests – we did a few small upgrades recently. This forum is massive and the database has a hard time keeping up.

The IDO forum will stay in place as James has no intention of shutting it down.

We will keep you updated on the server upgrades as dave is able to take on this work.

Until then – happy fishing!

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.