Is a ten minute fishing trip too short?

• Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

That was a quick trip. The weather radar lied to me, said the storm would travel north of my location. Based on that prediction, I gathered my stuff and launched my boat. The ramp at my local river is just a few blocks away from my home.

Only had time to drown one worm and catch two Walleyes before it was time to beat feet back to the ramp. The rain came down in buckets when I was still 200 yards from the ramp.

The one I kept, measured 25 inches and weighed in at 4 lbs. Confirmed as a male upon inspection at the cleaning board.

Attachments:
    1. 20230506_0743161.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Yup, been there. Check the radar, just get out on the river, and then here come the deluge. At least I had the emergency backup rain gear stashed in the boat! But I don’t mess around with lightning, so I left in a hurry.

At least you caught a dandy Walleye!

SR

Gregg Gunter

I would say 10 minutes was just right! Bet you can’t wait to get back out there.

AK Guy

Love your lab admiring your catch.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Heck yeah, good job. Been there and done the weather being wrong. Been opposite as well where I stayed home and the bad weather never hit. I wouldn’t be upset about 2 walleye in 10 minutes

tim hurley

I like to play it safe, but I usually go out, and if I have to sit in the truck and wait for it to pass that’s ok- Great catch in a short time, wow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.