Iowaboy1's thoughts on his terrova

• Iowaboy1

ya,so they have been around a while,mine was ordered March of 2019 and was on back order and dang my luck,it showed up the third week of june!! after last years vacation of course,sigh,and it sat in our spare bedroom until a month ago.
    it is the bluetooth model without the universal sonar and it came with a heading sensor.
    Sparkles and I got it installed a month ago and we upgraded the circuit breaker,connectors,wiring,etc.

this year on vacation I finally got to use it !! I paired the heading sensor,ISH!! dont do that without a bloody Mary first thing in the morning !! I about got dizzy doing the two full circle thing for the heading sensor offset.
    now mind you,even being closer to sixty than fifty I have no qualms about pulling a twenty pound anchor thirty times a day if need be.
    but,,,,,when you can sit on yer arse and push a button and it will hold you almost exactly where you want,( we were in high winds and with only 55 pounds thrust,it did great) I hope I dont have to look at that infernal cast iron weight or its sixty feet of rope again !!

recording a contour and being able to go back to it or any anchor point within a reasonable distance,gotta tell ya fellas,this is not only the cats meow,its the cats roar !!!
    and I dont even have it linked to anything other than the remote and my phone!!
    the bad side??? non,well,other than I now have to upgrade from a lowrance to a bird to fully compliment this thing,dang,anybody got an extra grand or two laying around?? lol.
    foot pedal?? we dont need no stinking foot pedal.

what really amazed me was this,we had it on anchor or made trolling runs for hours and never used more than half the battery !!!!
    and this was in 20 mph winds for three days straight,recharging overnight of course,simply put,I am impressed.
    remember,I am a simple man with simple ways,for those of you who have better,bigger,faster,good for you !! I hope you fully realize the capacity at your fingertips,I am with this thing !!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Glad you enjoyed your new toy sheldon!

Thinking we should have a weekly “thoughts from iowaboy” post on this forum! I would tune in

fishingchallenged

You tell no lies! Just the spot lock is a great thing and I too am impressed with how well my 8 years old batteries are holding up. Next learn how to use cruise control and the heading lock. Great features.

EW6

Thinking of getting a Terrova after having a 15 year old Power Drive that I thought was always a pain to pull up and stow. What did you think of the pulling the Terrova up to stow? Was the lift assist noticeable? If you’ve experienced a Power Drive in the past, how do they compare on stowing?

Iowaboy1

Thinking of getting a Terrova after having a 15 year old Power Drive that I thought was always a pain to pull up and stow. What did you think of the pulling the Terrova up to stow? Was the lift assist noticeable? If you’ve experienced a Power Drive in the past, how do they compare on stowing?

basically effortless on pulling it up after tripping the latch.
    it was advised to me by a fellow IDO member to move the depth collar down against the motor drive in big rough water,for the two seconds that takes I can see where its worth the effort.

the best money I have spent so far on anything marine related goodies!!
    now to do some boring,porting,polishing,and carb mods to get a hunert plus ponies out of my mighty Merc 75 lol.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

It is even better with the Ulterra do not even have to get up out of my seat to deploy or stow. Use either the remote or on my Helix 12 for controls. I use my foot pedal a lot when up front casting for Eyes, Crappies or what ever using the remote while casting is a pain.

Iowaboy1

I still love my 2019 Terrova, even after fifty hours use since it was new it is flawless!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.