Iowaboy icefishing fails

• Iowaboy1

well guys this old farm kid thought he would try ice fishing after reading all of the stuff here on IDO about it,to my young at heart mind it sounded like lots of fun and I had the hankering for a meal of fresh fish.
    I found a friend who had some gear and I told him I would gather the rest of what we needed and we would meet up somewhere and get in on all of the fun I had read about.
    gear list,auger,portable shack,smitty sled,buddy heater,fish finder,bait,snacks,cold weather gear,check,check,and check,yup we were ready to go !!!
    well,so I thought,my friend said I needed a sensitive rod so off to fleetfarm I went in search of a sensitive rod like I had read that Rodworks here on the site builds,ya see,he came highly recommended by Eelpoutguy and I trust what he says,,,,most of the time,ahem,but I didnt really want to spend that kind of money on a rod I might only use once if I didnt like ice fishing.

I hadnt been in fleetfarm five minutes when I was asked by the dept manager to leave as I was in his words making a scene,??
    he didnt accept my explanation that I was only screaming vulgarities at the rods to see which ones were sensitive and which ones would cry first and buy that rod.
    I gave up and cut a small branch off of a hickory tree and made my own sensitive rod,I could tell it was sensitive as tree tears were running down the tree where I cut it off from.

I met my friend at the lake,dang it,this ice fishing is starting to be more trouble than its worth already !!
    the sheriff caught up with us about ten minutes in and told me in no uncertain terms that my neighbor Smitty wanted his snowmobile back right effing now and wouldnt press charges if I returned it immediately if not sooner and it wasnt scratched anywhere it wasnt already.
    Smitty after chewing my butt said I could of had it if I had asked first,two cases of blue smoothies and an hour later I got back on the lake.
    back to trying this ice fishing out,whew! so,my friend drills a hole in the ice and I immediately saw another problem,there was no way in heck I was going to be able to use my frabil net so I grabbed my Echo chainsaw with a 36 inch bar on it out of the truck and proceeded to cut a hole large enough for the frabil in the ice.

finally !! we are ice fishing !! and I get a call on my cellphone from my kid brother and he is madder than a hornet.
    without going into details he suggested in very strong words that the outhouse from the family farm be returned by days end to where it came from so that no one would fall into the hole that I was so ignorant of leaving without covering,he didnt much care that I was using it for a shack out on the lake,sigh,ice fishing sure pizzes a lot of people off !!
    oh,and before I forget,the buddy heater??? Jake said he prefers brunettes,dang it !!
    anybody got an idea of what I should do with the pet otter I borrowed to find fish for us?? I dont dare try getting back into the zoo this time of night.

Happy New Years everyone !! I hope that this made someone chuckle !!
    Sheldon

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I grabbed my Echo chainsaw with a 36 inch bar on it

Stretching the truth a tad bit…

Attachments:
    1. 20201231_194027.png

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

May it was just really cold out

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I like your thinking Sheldon but you need to take some of the work out of it.HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Sheldon, your humor is always a welcome to me! Happy New year bud!

Deuces

Your stories are classics. Enjoy every one. Happy new year to you and the family toast

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon,

Giving them Minnesota boys even more fodder for their Iowa jokes????? I don’t know about you.

Iowaboy1

Sheldon, Sheldon, Sheldon,

Giving them Minnesota boys even more fodder for their Iowa jokes????? I don’t know about you.

shoot Dave,I forgot to mention dead sticking and getting chased off of the airport by the manager after I told him I wanted to rent a plane and dead stick it on the ice,I guess this time of year shock cooling on airplane engine cylinders aint a good thing, neither is the chance of wadding up the airplane when the tires dig into the snow.

no worries on the jokes bud ! I am just baiting them !!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Happy New Year IowaMan!!

toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

were the bullheads biting?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

jester jester

Denny O
    Central IOWA

He’d be the only one to know it if they were Eelpoutguy. chased

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Good read Sheldon I enjoyed that!

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Great read !thanks rotflol

mike mulhern

No fails there you flatlanded your way through every challenge. Kinda glad we are not related and that I don’t real close to you either. I might be accussed of falling in with bad company or vice a versa.

Thanks for the great laugh.
    Mike

Iowaboy1

Ready for a new season of fails!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.