Iowa Pheasant reports.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Can or will anyone give reports on Pheasants in Iowa please. All I would like to know is how you are doing and about where. No specifics, unless you are really generous. Not interested in commercial pay to hunt operations or pen raised birds. Thank you to whoever will help. Not sure I will be able to go, but would like to get out for a day or two. Thanks for considering sharing your experiences and knowledge.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Wish I could be of help my Hawkeye friend. I have not been physically able to hunt them for over 47 years new.

It was a blast in my youth! I sincerely hope you may find them. They are returning to our world as I see them on the lesser traveled paths now.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

47 years is a heck of a long time!

bullcans
    Northfield MN

North and West of Clear Lake has decent numbers. Unfortunately public land has been beat to death since the opener. Not saying you won’t find a few birds still on public grounds. I would try private if you can get permission adjacent to public lands and as another IDO member posted on the other pheasant report thread, hit the ditches adjacent to grass and picked corn.

Good Luck waytogo

robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks all.

Sam Beavers

We have been seeing quite a few in Central Iowa. In the large tracks of CRP. We have been hammering the coyotes which I think is having an impact

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.