Iowa Gun Season

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Time to put away the stick and string and get after them with a real hunting tool. Best of luck to all going out this season! Got my 45/70 ready to bark. My brother just texted me about some monster 200”+ buck by the public ground I’ll be at, that he seen today on his way to work. I’m betting that he won’t be riding in the back of my truck after this weekend, but a boy can dream. toast toast waytogo

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Oh man. The infamous Iowa slug chucker season chaos is about to begin huh. Stay low.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Oh man. The infamous Iowa slug chucker season chaos is about to begin huh. Stay low.

Iowa isn’t a slug only state anymore. It’s like any other state that can hunt with a rifle. We just have a minimum caliber ban. Can’t Minnesota gun hunt all through the rut?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

owa isn’t a slug only state anymore. It’s like any other state that can hunt with a rifle. We just have a minimum caliber ban. Can’t Minnesota gun hunt all through the rut?

I did not know that. waytogo

Sure enough its plain as day in the regs. RIFLES: Rifles firing straight wall or other centerfire ammunition propelling an expanding-type bullet with a maximum diameter of no less than .350 of an inch and no larger than .500 of an inch and with a published or calculated muzzle energy of 500 foot pounds or higher is legal for hunting deer during the youth and disabled hunting season and first and second shotgun seasons.

Minnesota’s season is still open for ML and archery. It closed for firearms in the majority of the state on Nov 12 or Nov 19, depending on which zone you’re in.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good luck gentleman. Hopefully the 200″ walks in front of you.

MX1825

Good luck all Iowa hunters. May you all shoot straight!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.