Inflatable PFD – Onyx or Mustang?

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

I’m buying an automatic inflatable PFD. Any preference/experience with Mustang MIT100 or Onyx A/M-24? I read on the internet, so it has to be true, the Onyx is flimsy in comparison. Local store has Mustang. Looks like quality to me. Haven’t seen an Onyx.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I made it a point to try them all on before I bought one. I liked the way the Onyx fit me. I can wear it all day with no discomfort. I would suggest you try them on to see how each one fits You..it has to be comfortable to wear all day.

Sylvanboat

I agree with M Burke. I also bought the Onyx. I put it on before I get into the boat and do not remove until I exit the boat. It is very comfortable and does not interfere with anything I do while wearing it. Good luck.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

My son-in-law bought the Mustang MD2014 and I own an Onyx A/M/24. I find the Onyx very comfortable to wear. Have not worn the Mustang but comparing the two I do not see much difference. I do know the Mustang was more expensive but we are talking about saving a life so cost is relative.

Enad64

Hello all, I am new here but enjoy reading the posts. I personally have a Bass Pro inflatable that my wife bought me due to the fact I tend to fall out boats every now and then. Last year it was deployed and it is actually a Mustang vest. Worked well recharge was easy but about 40 bucks. Hope this helps

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

The Mustang fit good. I guess I need to take a ride to try a Onyx. Looks like some phone calls needed to find one in stack in my area. Thanks.

Gitchi Gummi

Ford vs Chevy – both are solid products and I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Try them both on and go with the one that is most comfortable for you. The more comfortable it is, the more prone you will be to wearing it.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Brian K promote’s one that is like a jacket/vest doesn’t he ? Looks very comfortable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.