Inflatable pfd

• tbruno

I have Onyx Am 24’s. Have had them for about seven years already with no issues. They take up a lot less space in storage and are comfortable to wear, even when it’s ninety degrees outside. As others have said after you put one on you forget your even wearing one. They are easy to maintain and recharge. A three pack of new dissolvable bobbins for them are about $31.00 on Amazon and the last ones were dated for three years. I think for less than $4.00 a year for maintenance and the comfortability they are well worth it. Mine have a D-ring on the right side to attach your emergency cutoff switch umbilical cord also.

Brittman

Maybe I should start a separate thread … but I also have been in the market for a 2-3 inflatable vests.

Question: Is there any data out there on failure rates for these vests to deploy or hold air ?

ThunderLund78

Question: Is there any data out there on failure rates for these vests to deploy or hold air ?

I don’t know about data, but when it’s time to replace your arming kit, give it a yank and let it deploy and sit for a few hours. If it holds air, then you’re good – just go ahead and re-arm. If you don’t want to put it through the shock of instant inflation, I think all of them have a manual inflation tube. Probably a good idea to check the integrity of the rubber every now and then.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.