In the Tree this Weekend?

• Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Although the weather was looking a little iffy originally, this weekend hopefully should shape up for a monday full of BBD posts. Boy am I excited to climb into a tree tomorrow evening! I have a dynamite acorn spot lined up in 601 (metro)! Who else is headed out and where?

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2014-10-03-at-8.02.46-AM.png

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I will be in the stand tonight and tomorrow out in SD. Cold and windy though. 45+ mph is gonna make for a tough hunt.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

45mph?! Wow. I thought 25mph was going to be bad!

sktrwx2200

Ill be out in SD. But tonight I have Jason Aldean tickets so tonight is off the scorecard. And Ill think Ill wait to go in til Sat. afternoon. Sat. Morning wind is going to be kicking still, so Im not sure what the deer will be doing with 22 degree WC factor. I have a new 6-7 yr old MEGA BUCK on camera I checked last night (pictures to come), he was standing around the base of the tree stand on opening morning and opening night! Mean while I was 1/4 mi. away in a different stand!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Keep the streak rolling! I wouldn’t argue your decision to go to Aldean tonight, as Kooty said 45 mph don’t seem the most appealing. That is unless you go check your cameras tomorrow and he was trouncing around the base of your tree last night, then you should have sat it instead. That’s some solid advice right there! Haha

sktrwx2200

Ben,
    Did you seal the deal on a MULEY then last weekend or no?

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

No unfortunately I didn’t’ They just weren’t moving much during daylight. Right at last light is about it. Saw a ton of deer between 30-70 per day but just not the right ones. The draw we wanted to hunt was not huntable with the SE wind we had. We did sit overlooking it Friday before the season and saw a few shooter Whitetails using it. Supposedly it’s a fantastic area when the crops come out and when the rut kicks in. Very responsive to rattling and calling. So I’m throwing a lot of eggs into that basket!

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Here’s the link to the update we did out there.

mattgroff

I’ll be in the blind with my wife in 601 as well trying to knock down one of the 5 big boys we got walking around.. Good luck to everybody . O ya. I might be on the croix in the morning as well for a quick troll. )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.