In-Person Voters: Describe Your Experiences at the Polls?

• Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

It’s going to be an Election Day (or Week) we’ll not soon forget. How did the actual in-person voting process go?

Try to keep it civil, guys and gals.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Showed up voted, left. Just like normal. Only difference is the amount of trump flags I seen on vehicles was above average

Charles

Showed up realize the line was way too long left.

Going back this afternoon, when all the snowbirds are gone.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

It was packed never seen it so busy. I guess that’s a good thing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We live in a small township, Wife was there at 7, took about an hour. I’m going after work.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I voted early but we have a polling place across the street at a local church. It was packed at 0700 this morning but now that the rush is over it looks pretty normal. My guess is there will be a morning and early evening rush.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I went by my voting station this morning and there was no line. I already voted last week to avoid standing in line. Guess I could have waited.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I voted in Carver this morning, line was about 2 blocks long and took 30 minutes and line was moving pretty good. By the time I left the line was half as long, the people working were super friendly and did a great job imo.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It looked normal for me this morning. Busy, but relatively normal. Everyone was there like usual voting for an old wealthy guy who was handed almost everything in life on either side… who also couldn’t care less about anyone voting beyond receiving their particular vote. ‘Merica

Deuces

In and out at 730

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Showed up at 6:50. Pretty much in and out. Got a cute I Voted sticker with a manatee on it.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

If there are already 100 million early votes cast and plenty of action at the polls, it could be a banner year for civic engagement.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Line was probably 100 deep at 6:50am this morning. They kept everything moving fast and I felt this years voting was much more efficient than past election years and I have never saw a line like I saw this morning. But it went crazy fast.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just got back from voting in Blaine. Work allowed me to sneak out quick, no line whatsoever. “Merica” toast

munchy
    NULL

Got a cute I Voted sticker with a manatee on it.

I love manatee! They taste like bald eagle.

And will be going this evening after work.

Beast

No different than any other year here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

From the time we left the house and back home 15 minutes. waytogo

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

walked in, got my ballot, filled it out, and walked out… Smooth operation – plenty busy, just that everything was moving along nicely.

gary d
    cordova,il

I just back from voting. Went around 9 and it took about 1 1/2 hours.I have never seen the line that long. In a way that is good. In are state the Gov-nor wants to go to a progressive tax. I think the people want a flat tax. I guess we will see!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

In and out, no line at 10:15am here on the east side of St Paul. waytogo

-J.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Voted around 8:00sh. Line when I arrived. About 10-15 minute wait outside and 10-15 minute wait inside. When I left the outside line was gone. My guess is there was a rush when they opened at 7:00am. I was ballot number 125 so that may have been the number of in person voters up to that point.

CaptainMusky

We vote at a small township hall, which has been busy typically if you go after work. Since I am still remote during this and my son doesnt go into work until around 10:30 now he went to vote at 9:30 just to allow enough time. I texted him at 9:45 to see how bad the line was and he said I already voted. Its a 10 minute drive from our house LOL. So I ran up there and voted. Took 5 minutes there were only a handful of people in there the polling people out numbered the voters. This evening will be a far different story however.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Waited outside in a line 6 ft apart for 30-40 min. The rest seemed about the same.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

In and out in about 15 minutes. There was a line but like others said, it was moving along very efficiently.

I was surprised to see the voting judge was a cousin of mine. I walked up and said “Hello Helena” and she smiled at me and said “Last name, sir?” LOL.

SR

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Voting in our small township is always simple and an honor. Wonderful poll workers…Covid friendly and a good experience.

CaptainMusky

I was surprised to see the voting judge was a cousin of mine. I walked up and said “Hello Helena” and she smiled at me and said “Last name, sir?” LOL.

SR

Keep it professional sir LOL

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Went after dropping the kids off at school at about 8:30. One person in line, 12 people voting so all “booths” in use. Talked to the volunteer guy who was directing people, he said at 7:00 there was a line of about 25 but he had seen bigger lines in past years right at 7 as the “before work” crowd votes.

He said there had been about 6 “tourists” who had voted by mail but came in anyway just to see if there was chaos. Man, people are bored these days that’s all I can say. How bored do you have to be…

Got ballot after a 3-minute wait. By the time I left, nobody standing in line. Pretty much the normal voting day for this precinct.

Grouse

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I went by my voting station about an hour ago and the line was long but everybody was spaced out so not sure if was actually any more people than normal. Saw in the parking lot a couple of those rusted out meat head trucks flying the make liberals cry again flags, which always gives me a good chuckle.

jwellsy

I saw no ID required, no signature verification required and the ballot was put into a machine that’s owned by a Soros company.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I voted a while ago, but I took the kids to an appointment and drove past our polling place about noon. I saw a few workers outside, but it didn’t look too busy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.