In need of a new cooler

• Nick Schmitz

The wife and I are headed out on our honeymoon in a few weeks and we are looking for some recommendations on buying a good cooler to keep things cold on the trip. She has allowed me to book a charter to go fishing out on Lake Superior in Grand Marais, so we need to keep our fish cold for a day or two. We don’t want to break the bank but we also don’t want something cheap either.

dairycat

Hard to beat a Coleman Extreme. I also like my Igloo proglide, it has wheels. I guess it depends on the size your looking for. For the money the Extreme is great. I do have a smaller ORCA cooler, very nice but I also won it. I would have a hard time spending that much on a cooler.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There is many threads and arguments on coolers on here. But personally my grizzly coolers are awesome. They are made in Iowa and have a lifetime warrenty unlike yetti and there 5 year warranty. But the newer igloo actually looks impressive for 100 bucks. Just remember the pre cool your cooler and use blocks of ice not cubes.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

You’re going to get a ton of replies on this one. Just my two cents here…I bought 2 Rtic coolers a few months ago and love them.

Buffalo Fishhead

Here is some info that may help you make a selection:

Cooler Chill Off

ClearCreek

riverruns
    Inactive

Coleman extreme hands down. I said my peace. waytogo toast

Deleted

Freeze the filets in the hotel freezer…..and women don’t allow us to do anything! Untuck yer junk, now or never pal.

catmando
    wis

No I am not going to say what I think, ditto on the Coleman.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.