Improvised Fried Rice

• ThunderLund78

Experimented with some Asian sauces I had in the fridge and whipped up some fried rice on the Blackstone. It went about like this.

MEAT:
    One 12 oz Sirloin steak and one large Chicken Breast. Both sliced thin against the grain. Marinate the meat slices in Teriyaki sauce for 4 hours before cooking.

RICE:
    Three cups (uncooked) of jasmine rice cooked in advanced and cooled.

VEGGIES:
    One large head of Broccoli chopped into florettes
    One green pepper and one red pepper diced
    1/2 large onion sliced

SAUCE:
    3/4 cups low-sodium Soy Sauce
    1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
    1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
    2 TB Sesame Oil
    1 TB Sriracha
    Mix all these together

OTHER:
    3 eggs beaten
    Sesame oil to drizzle on the rice
    Veggie oil for the flat-top

Cook top on medium-high heat. Put down some veggie oil and cook the meat and veggies in their own areas. Once done, mix them together and move off to the edge. Put down some fresh oil and drop the rice on, continually turning it with the spatula and drizzling it with Sesame oil, break up any clumps. Then mix it into the meat and veggies and pour on the sauce, continually turning with the spatulas. Finally, make a hole in the middle of the pile and dump the eggs in and scramble them. Then mix it all in!

Turned out AWESOME! Rice was a little sticky, next time I need to make it further in advance and chill it to dry it more. Would also add a couple more eggs. But will definitely be doing this again and my family and I will be eating leftovers for the next 2 days.

Attachments:
    1. 20210629_172535-1.jpg

2. 20210629_174224-1.jpg

3. 20210629_174224.jpg

4. 20210629_173859.jpg

5. 20210629_172535.jpg

6. 20210629_171506.jpg

ThunderLund78

Sorry, Was having issues with pics again some posted twice…

MNdrifter

Thanks!!! I love my black stone. I bought it on my way out the door from exchanging my two week old pit boss that wasn’t working. Bad move. I’ve used the black stone way more than the smoker since I got them home. Did teriyaki chicken fried rice and stir fry last weekend, but seemed kinda bland. I will try this recipe. waytogo

Sharon
    SE Metro

That looks delicious! 😋

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Looks great! One of my favorite uses for leftover rice, basically throw everything in the fridge on the skillet with some soy sauce and whatever other Asian sauces you have around. Makes great leftovers too!

ThunderLund78

Yeah, cant emphasize enough how much better it works with cooked and chilled rice. (Like make the rice the day before and put it in the fridge overnight) I knew this going in but didn’t have the time to cool it all the way, so it let it cool on the counter for about 30-45 minutes before throwing it on the griddle. Like I said, it wasn’t terribly sticky, but just enough to notice. Still really good.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Here’s a sauce we make quite often, great for fried rice, lo mein, whatever.

3 tbs soy sauce
    1 tbs peanut butter
    2 tbs maple syrup (pure is best)
    2 tbs Chili garlic sauce
    1 tbs toasted sesame oil
    Whisk together.

It only takes a few minutes and can obviously be doctored to fit personal tastes.

KP
    Hudson, WI

This is exactly why I want to get a black stone! Looks very good! You just need to get some of the yum yum sauce/shrimp sauce or whatever they call that.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Looks great! By coincidence, I made friend rice last night for the first time ever. I used pre-cooked rice I bought at Costco and it worked great in case you don’t have time to cook and cool it yourself.

ThunderLund78

Here’s a sauce we make quite often, great for fried rice, lo mein, whatever.

3 tbs soy sauce
    1 tbs peanut butter
    2 tbs maple syrup (pure is best)
    2 tbs Chili garlic sauce
    1 tbs toasted sesame oil
    Whisk together.

It only takes a few minutes and can obviously be doctored to fit personal tastes.

Looks like a winner BelleTaine! Mine was literally using up what I had in the fridge. I referenced a couple of online recipies just to get a better understand of soy sauce-to-other sauce ratio. You could probably go all Oyster or all Hoisin. But that’s abut how much I had of each so mixed them and it worked great!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That looks delicious. I will be copying that

KPE
    River Falls, WI

This is exactly why I want to get a black stone! Looks very good! You just need to get some of the yum yum sauce/shrimp sauce or whatever they call that.

It’s very easy to make at home, mayonnaise, ketchup, and sugar essentially. Check online for full recipes, but we started doing this when we ran out one day and didn’t feel like going to the store just for sauce

KP
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KP wrote:</div>

It’s very easy to make at home, mayonnaise, ketchup, and sugar essentially. Check online for full recipes, but we started doing this when we ran out one day and didn’t feel like going to the store just for sauce

I’ve heard that its pretty simple to make. Gonna have to try it out sometime. I love a good hibachi and if I can make it myself even better.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.