Impact Drivers' Seat

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

For context I have a 2018 1775 Impact XS. I noticed by design my drivers’ seat is about 3 inches shorter than all of the other seats in the boat. The pedestal is a different style, presumably because of some perceived safety issue. At any rate my knees get pretty sore sitting in that seat too long, and I think raising the seat a bit will help.

Anyone have experience with this? I’m thinking I’ll just put a block in between the seat and pedestal mount to raise it up slightly (2×4). If anyone has ideas, suggestions, or criticisms I’m all ears.

Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This what I have in my ProV, is it the same style you have? It’s not removable, it’s screwed in.

Attachments:
    1. DSC06237.jpg

Ralph Bechtold

Same here with my 1675 Adventure. I’m 6′ tall and would love to raise mine a couple of inches. Would feel better with my knee replacement.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Probably an Attwood base, determine if it’s a 278 (2-7/8″ diameter) or a 238 (2-3/8″). They offer them in various heights.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Attwood-238-pedestal.jpg

2. Attwood-278-pedestal.jpg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Thanks guys! Yes, it’s the Attwood base, based on HRG’s photo there it’s a 278 standard profile. Thanks a lot for that I think my long term solution will be to buy the taller base, since I’m a stickler for the factory look.

I’ll post some photos later on but for now I just put a 2×4 block in it yesterday and that made a huge difference in leg placement. But- it also made a big difference in where my head is relative to the top of the windshield. I’m 6’2″ and just like Ralph, My concern is my knees always being bent in a weird position my right leg gets really sore after spending a day on the water. I try to stand and fish as much as possible but when you’re the captain you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, and with opener around the corner I’ll be in the boat 10-12 hrs a day all week.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Kyle your solution is buy a tiller and stretch your legs. grin

Ralph Bechtold

Great solution! That is what I have and I can still use some height.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

The pedestal is a different style, presumably because of some perceived safety issue

Thought it was about strength ratings??? Pretty sure when I was doing some replacement work a few years ago that seats used for drivers needed a certain spec base(stronger). That’s why you’ll see one different from the rest in a boat.

Maybe someone can confirm?

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The taller pedestal is probably the easiest solution. When I installed my air ride seat I built a box to give me better view height at the windshield.

Attachments:
    1. 22F4F2B5-9068-49E9-AC8C-7E8C629BD8D1.jpeg

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Tillers are fun, and boat control is certainly unmatched. But I like my comfy windshield, especially since I fish bad weather and high wind fairly frequently.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.