Illuminated knocks.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I currently have lumiknoks and I’m not impressed. Seems to be always dead when needed. Pull them out slightly to turn them off and when I open my case I cam still see light glowing. No wonder they are always Dead. Any other illuminate nock that’s better then these ? Don’t really want to keep buying them at 30 bucks to try out. Just need some that turn off 100 percent.

Nodakk

I have been using Nockturnal lighted nocks for a few years. Definitely bright and I haven’t had battery issues. They are kind of a pain to turn off compared to some others but it’s not the end of the world. I use them on my practice setup as well.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have been using Nockturnal lighted nocks for a few years. Definitely bright and I haven’t had battery issues. They are kind of a pain to turn off compared to some others but it’s not the end of the world. I use them on my practice setup as well.

Are those the ones you poke in and lift up on with a knife or what not ?

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Been using Luminoks for 20+ years and I’ve never had a problem with them. I’ve taken shots and left the arrows out overnight and came back and found them later the next day with the knock still lit. I used a knocking plier to turn them and pull them out a bit and put new blades in them and use them again.

Nodakk

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Nodakk wrote:</div>

Are those the ones you poke in and lift up on with a knife or what not ?

Yes. I usually end up using a target practice broadhead

Michael Best

I second nocturnals.
    They do make a tool for shutting them off.
    Can’t remember if I had to buy it separate or or not. As stated early a field point will shut them off as well.
    Tge batteries last forever as well.

JEREMY
    BP

Last deer I shot the arrow snapped off. Threw the top half in the truck and the nocturnal blinked for at least a week before it faded out.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I just got nocturnals as well, per the recommendation of the archery department at Scheels. I will let you know how they work after I get one knocked down this weekend, hopefully.

Walleye Hungry

Nocturnals here as well. Haven’t been disappointed so far. Some people don’t like the idea of the knife to turn them off but I only use them on deer arrows not target. so chances are if I shoot that arrow I am going to need my knife out anyway.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

There is the newer Nockturnal “shift” with the switch built in. No more slipping in the knife tip and what not, although I’ve never found the “standard” ones to be a pain by any stretch.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought some nocturnals today at the bow shop. Hopefully I can experiment with 1 tonight

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.