Chain O Lakes

• ChrisCordia
    Missouri

Does anyone know anything about the Chain O Lakes area in upper IL? I was wanting to possibly bring the family up there this year. I have never caught a yellow perch and am hoping to get some up there. If they’re there? How are the camp grounds? What kind of fish should be targeted in June?

KB9ZGB

the chain can be fun stick to the north lakes the big boats cant get under the bridges. get off the water by 10:00 it becomes a zoo real fast. chain of lakes park is very nice. lots of family stuff to do. DONT GO ON A HOLIDAY WEEK END you wont get a site. fish pistakee bay for gills and perch. lots of small bass all over. grass lake is super shallow stay in the channels. do some home work before you go. get a good map . lots of bars to get a burger at. i lanuch at the park mostly. lots of pay launches and good marinas to gas up at. a fun trip is to go south tru the locks and explore the south river good fishing there. less boat traffic. it will take 4-6 hours to tour the wole river and chain. look up stuff on google earth and cross check on your map for depths and such. also lots of cops out there make sure your boat is leagle. tags stickers safty equipment and such. p.s. the north river is very very very muddy. pontoons maybe smaller 16ft jon”s will get trough it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.