DuPage River 3-20

• zombywuff
    Illinois

Well, I’ve got some good news, and of course some bad news. The DuPage River has finally started to settle down some. I went out this afternoon for a few hours and found the levels down and the water starting to finally clear. It took awhile, but I did happen to actually find a couple smallies, too. Yup, they’re finally waking up, and moving back upstream, or coming back from where ever they were wintering.

I found this 15″er as I was dragging a Yum Crawbug from that seam to the left of my hand in the pic to the rocks below right. I finally got to use my new digital scale, he went a pound and a half. Next cast was an exact duplicate, and resulted in a chunky 14″er that weighed a couple ounces more than the first one.

That was it for the fish. I thought I was really onto something, but seams like that next to slack water with rock are few and far between in the Dup. I’m happy just to find the fish I did.

Now the bad news…… Rain tonight, tomorrow and Thursday will put the river into a tizzy, and we’ll be back to square one!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.