Ifish Pros

• Ryan Malo

I bought an iFish pro this winter and love it. Caught everything from Pike and Walleyes to Perch and Crappies. The only problem is, it seems to freeze up really bad on days where it’s under 20 degrees. Any tips or tricks anyone has to keep them from not freezing up so bad?

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I heard someone put spray foam inside of it, haven’t heard if it worked or not though.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Spray foam on the underside.

Put a toilet paper tube wrapped in parchment/wax paper down the middle and fill up the base with foam. When it’s set and firm, pull the tube out, flatten the bottom with a saw from the side, and cut a thin slit for the line with a knife. Works pretty well, but not quite as well as a Beaver Dam wooden tip-up on a foam hole cover. That’s what I use when it’s really cold. I generally reserve the IFP for 20 degrees and up.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I’ll try to get pics of mine. Bought one and customized it with some foam and velcro. This way I can add a heat source underneath in the form of a handwarmer. Used it between -5&+5 on Saturday. No fish but the customizations seems to hlep.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Crap, realized I left it at the cabin. Won’t be able to get pics for a couple weeks.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

From Facebook:

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0305.jpg

basseyes

^
    ^
    ^
    That’s a great idea!

tangler
    Inactive

^
    ^
    ^
    That’s a great idea!

x2!

I think those go for $5 at target. Which is like roughly half what Fleet Farm was asking for a stupid foam hole insulation thing. I like this because it has other uses as well. But I wonder how the AA batteries hold up in the extreme cold?

fireline
    Rochester

Do they work in an otter or just for outside ?

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>basseyes wrote:</div>
    ^
    ^
    ^
    That’s a great idea!

x2!

I think those go for $5 at target. Which is like roughly half what Fleet Farm was asking for a stupid foam hole insulation thing. I like this because it has other uses as well. But I wonder how the AA batteries hold up in the extreme cold?

The poster said 5 hours in double-digit below-zero temps.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I like the idea of the bubbler and have one laying around, anyone have an idea how long batteries would last , let’s say in 10 degree weather

Alex Sharrow
    adirondack park upstate ny

I used spray foam for mine

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.