If you like chewing sunflower seeds

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I highly recommend you try this company. They have a 12-flavor variety pack that are very good.I recently did business with them and they went above and beyond to help me. Those I gave the sees to said they were delicious.

http://www.zotes.com/

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! Well they have the coolest web site I’ve ever seen for a sunflower seed company!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I though this post would say….

hah ……fish in someone else boat!

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I chew a crapload of seeds… try the GIANTS Kettle Roasted Sweet and Salty… very good and won’t raw out your cheeks after a couple bags full crazy waytogo

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Giant dill pickle

munchy
    NULL

Giant dill pickle

+1

However the Jamaican jerk, garlic, and jalapeño flavored from Zotes sound interesting.

I’ve always wondered why nobody makes a Salt and Vinegar flavor

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Big G the sunflower seed connoisseur.

Who would have thunk?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

WHAT??????????? no spam flavored seeds????? whistling coffee doah :???::???:

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Pfft I already sent them an email stating that fact a couple days ago.

But they aren’t union so I don’t think anything will happen very fast. )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Shipped from:
    ZOTES SUNFLOWER SEEDS
    5255 W 11000 N STE 225
    HIGHLAND UT 84003-8952
    Shipped to:TROPHY CAT FISHING ADVENTURES
    CAPT BRIAN KLAWITTER

We’ll seed how good they are…

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Got my 12 pack sample ordered today also, can’t wait to try them

clawman
    Spokane Wa

My wife and one of my employees are aficionados of sunflower seed and both absolutely swear these are the BEST. you can’t get them everywhere in fact eastern SD and ND are about the only areas I’ve seen them for sale.
    http://www.wild-dutchman.com/

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

My wife and one of my employees are aficionados of sunflower seed and both absolutely swear these are the BEST. you can’t get them everywhere in fact eastern SD and ND are about the only areas I’ve seen them for sale.
    http://www.wild-dutchman.com/

I picked up a bag of the Wild Dutchman seeds while bird hunting out in South Dakota a few years back. I have been ordering a case a year to get me through my kids baseball / softball seasons ever since. Great seeds and not all the salt of regular seeds.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

wild dutchman will have a bag of seeds thrown in each of our buckets for the Mobridge Chamber Ice tourney, can say they are better than most seeds. Can’t wait to see if the hype of Zotes is worth a $1.50 per bag premium. Time will tell.

Josh Bothum

Totally agree… Got on these about 3yrs ago… Best seeds out there

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Look what showed up at my office. So far the beer baked and buffalo wings are the favorites

Attachments:
    1. image24.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet!

ndrangerguy
    West Fargo, ND

Wild Dutchman are the best. Hands down and a local Midwest company.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Personal opinion.

I didn’t care for the Zotes brand. The flavors were great but I’m a guy that eats the shell and the seed. Even though the seeds came vacuum packed in a jar, they seemed kind of soggy and even placing one seed in my mouth the shell wouldn’t chew down enough to swallow leaving me to have to spit them out.

The instructions on the jar say to shell and eat the seed, then discard the shell.

So if you’re a seed only guy, shouldn’t be a problem. My .02

Orville Miller

I have been looking for a new forum to post about Xseedz new flavors and one is salt and vinegar. All you sunflower seed lovers should try xseedzshop.com and put comments on this forum. I see it’s it’s been inactive for awhile. By the way Zotes is gone and we snagged their best favorist.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Wild Dutchman. First tried them in a very small town in North Dakota. You can eat them all day and not get a sore mouth. I buy them by the case.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

but I’m a guy that eats the shell and the seed.

Yeah…I’m pretty sure comments like this should get you banned. At a minimum, I don’t think we can ever take advice from you moving forward. jester

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

I’ve tried spam, once. I’ll 2nd eating the shell of a sunflower seed as long as it’s dry enough.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    Personal opinion.

I’m a guy that eats the shell

Christ! Doesn’t that make for a scratchy turd?

My thoughts as well. Perhaps if your stomach can dissolve Spam, it can dissolve anything?

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

WILD DUTCHMAN x100

Everything said above about WD is correct. As a lifer ball player (stick and ball) I have chewed them all and chewed seeds heavily for a long time. To the point where my cheek has been so raw and sore that the dentist didn’t believe I didn’t chew tabacco ha.

Anyway. You can chew WD bag after bag with out the over whelming salt taste but yet the flavor is great. Cheddar dill is by far the best, doesn’t sound good on paper but its great!

Snake ii’s

Chewing/eating the hulls can lead to appendicitis and death.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used to eat the shells as a kid and yeah, it scratches coming out.

Orville Miller

Hey Sunflower seed lovers check this out. Xseeds is formulating special seasoning to put on seeds that include their flavors but are helping, 1. appetite, 1. smoking urges, and 1, alertness and energy. Will anyone try buying these when they come out?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.