If it aint one thing its something else!

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

First time in years I have laying hens and now I can’t take eggs into Canada.
    Due to bird flu.
    I long for the old days.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It’s always something with the Canadians. Eggs this year, potatoes were suddenly a no-no one year, next year it will be something else. I’m sure like 99% of the bird flu problem is caused by Americans bringing contaminated eggs into Canada. Like those billions of migrating birds have nothing to do with it.

Is this just non-pasteurized eggs or is it a full-on egg ban?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

As I read it, all eggs except hard boiled or otherwise cooked.

gimp

Just wait until they say we can’t bring “Canadan Nightcrawles in!

Buffalo Fishhead

I read on another forum where some anglers were told they could not bring Canadian nightcrawlers into Canada. They were also not allowed to take potatoes over the border either so they bought some potatoes at a grocery store after they got into Canada. And, on the potato bag it said “Product of USA”.

Buffalo Fishhead

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This occurred back in 2015 during the last outbreak of avian influenza too. My Fathers group of 10 had to buy eggs once they got across the border instead, and they’re about 5 times the cost.

AK Guy

I remember one year crossing with night crawlers and the agent asked if they were in dirt. My buddy said, “yup, we’re returning the soil you sent us.” Not happy, he wanted to see them. When the agent saw the crawlers were packed in wet shredded newspaper, he cracked a smile (barely).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.