IDO Show Idea

• JFan02

James & Guys,

Have you guys ever considered doing a show where you spend some time on equipment maintenance? I was thinking things along the line of reel maintenance,, flip up maintenance, changing line, touching up jigs, tip up maintenance, auger maintenance, etc. It might be a 2 minute clip across several shows but given the late start to the ice season it would be really helpful!

Sorry if I am overstepping but as a relatively new ice fisherman it would be a great help!

Thanks!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James & Guys,

Have you guys ever considered doing a show where you spend some time on equipment maintenance? I was thinking things along the line of reel maintenance,, flip up maintenance, changing line, touching up jigs, tip up maintenance, auger maintenance, etc. It might be a 2 minute clip across several shows but given the late start to the ice season it would be really helpful!

Sorry if I am overstepping but as a relatively new ice fisherman it would be a great help!

Thanks!

I don’t think this type of topic fits well with our show BUT they would make for a good series of short videos that could be added to our Youtube channel. We’ll talk about it internally. No promises in the short term given the pace of our filming schedule.

JFan02

Makes sense to me. I agree that it may not fit in well with the full show. It would be great to get the insight from you guys though! Thanks for even considering it!

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

How about a Day in the Life of James Holst or behind the scenes short? That would be pretty cool.

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

How about a Day in the Life of James Holst or behind the scenes short? That would be pretty cool.

Probaby something like this:

“Well I wake up and my bed makes itself. No need to comb my hair because it’s perfect. Then I eat breakfast which is made up of every breakfast meat possible plus brisket. Have coffee, plan fishing trip, go fishing. Return home with epic tales to tell the gents on the forum. Make business deal of century. Punch Chuck Norris in the face, ride unicorn to dinner. Stopped pesky hurricane in it’s tracks because the weather would impact my fishing plans. Enjoy family time, go to bed. Repeat.”

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

rotflol rotflol

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Probaby something like this:

“Well I wake up and my bed makes itself. No need to comb my hair because it’s perfect. Then I eat breakfast which is made up of every breakfast meat possible plus brisket. Have coffee, plan fishing trip, go fishing. Return home with epic tales to tell the gents on the forum. Make business deal of century. Punch Chuck Norris in the face, ride unicorn to dinner. Stopped pesky hurricane in it’s tracks because the weather would impact my fishing plans. Enjoy family time, go to bed. Repeat.”

I love it. It isn’t even close to reality but I have to give you props for your creativity. If you ever need a writing gig, let me know!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>
    It isn’t even close to reality

Really? I though I had that one pegged.  :jester:

I figured you were pretty close until the “go to bed” part. I always imagined sleep isn’t listed on his daily planner. The rest seemed legit though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.