NEW IDO SEASON 10 – NOV. 22ND 2015

• Nick Cox
    Minnesota

In-Depth Outdoors will be entering its tenth season on November 22nd, 2015. The team is really excited to show you some new locations, highlighting the hottest bites across the country. Tune in to Fox Sports North, Sundays at 8am while we bring you 26 weeks of the hottest ice and open water action from your favorite lakes and rivers in North America! If you miss an episode, no worries! Every In-Depth Outdoors episode is offered here on in-depthoutdoors.com as a streaming web video. So pull up a chair and catch last week’s episode or re-watch some of your favorites at work on your lunch hour!

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

Will it be on Ice?

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

We can’t spoil it! )

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

We can’t spoil it!

Oh come on… you post this teaser, but can’t give up anything else? Don’t let the other IDO guys there intimidate you… maybe even post part of the video. I dare ya…. Come on, don’t be scared, just prove you can do it! Call it a Trick or Treat special. They’ll never know.
    devil

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Nick,

Did you ever get all of the old episodes from the old server converted? I would love to go back and watch some of them.

rayc
    ontario, canada, sault ste. marie

Can’t wait, thanks .

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Nick,

Did you ever get all of the old episodes from the old server converted? I would love to go back and watch some of them.

X2

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Any winter Carp fishing planned this season?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Will it be on Ice?

While I’d prefer to start the season on the ice that decision is out of our hands. If there’s safe ice to be found in two and a half weeks when we expect to start filming, we’ll be on ice. But I’d say things are not looking good for that to happen. We’re looking at temps in the mid to upper 60′ the next three days here in central MN followed by a brief cool down. Next week we’re forecast to see yet another return of unseasonably warm temps.

If I was to guess I’d say we’re likely looking at a week or two in the boat to start season 10. But that’s just a guess and Mother Nature loves to make me look foolish.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Any winter Carp fishing planned this season?

No, but then we don’t plan much of anything. lol

mitchfic
    Blaine, MN

Ben is reporting warm temps up in Ely too cry
    We have been spoiled the last few years. Driving on metro lakes half way through Dec.
    We will enjoy the shows no matter what

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

You never know when we will have safe ice. so I can see how it would be tough to have a schedule planned out. Also just because the first week has good ice just like that we may get 9 feet of snow on 4 inches of ice and ruin everything. I hope it goes like last year. I fished two days before thanksgiving and it got bad a little bit but for the most part hardly any snow on the ice all year you can go off the beaten path and not get stuck….loved it! Good luck guys I know where ever you go we will all enjoy it!!! I have three requests Ely I love that area went to college up there it is one of the most over looked areas in Minnesota. Second the Cook County area which is the most over looked area in Minnesota, and then more trout stream or lake. O and one other thing get a state record every week out!!!! Have fun and be safe!

Jonesy

My hope is the entire season is done in a boat haha

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

My one request is to get the episodes on YouTube as quickly as possible! I’ve always loved flipping on the TV on Sunday mornings to catch IDO, but I recently “cut the cord” so I will be stuck to YouTube this winter. At the same time, I am very grateful that you guys even put your shows on YouTube!!

leroy golden

Joe are you going to done a show like the Ballard’s resort weekend sure would love to do it again

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Joe are you going to done a show like the Ballard’s resort weekend sure would love to do it again

I spoke with Joe and he says we’re headed to Leech this winter. waytogo

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

I have already caused enough trouble since I joined the team! Haha

rschmidty

Nick,

I think they are still working on getting the earlier seasons transferred here on the website and to Youtube. Youtube has seasons 6-9 and a few from a couple other seasons but not full seasons.

I think they had other items that were a priority in getting the website up and running before transferring over these videos.

I’m with you though, I would love to see these, especially the sturgeon episode from season 5 I think it is.

Spencer Haugen

You guys should do a few shows in the ely or up on the gun flint trail I think those spots would be killer destinations for lakers and stream trout

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

A few weeks ago the long range forecast looked good for ice in Ely by mid November, but that just isn’t the case anymore. Fishing on Ice by Nov 12th & 13th the last few years did spoil us some, but the constant cold fronts we had that made the early ice also hindered the quality of the bite on many days. I for one will take a slower ice progression with great fishing conditions over really early ice and constant cold fronts anytime, but then again it is fun having a few weeks to stand on the ice before Thanksgiving! Trout season in MN begins in Mid January, whether there ends up being another episode filmed in Ely or not I will try to keep updates current on the Ely, or Ice Fishing forums here. As always, feel free to send me any private or public messages inquiring about the current bite in Ely, I always try to respond as quickly as I can. If there’s no ice to be found, I sure don’t want to watch an ice episode on Nov 22nd.. that would just be a low blow!

bee
    Maine

With fishing like this let the ice wait. From today along with 46 others. 17 inches 3lb 9 oz.

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Yes sir that’s a pie there. I agree there is a lot of amazing fishing going on right now so keep going on it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>leroy golden wrote:</div>

I spoke with Joe and he says we’re headed to Leech this winter.  :waytogo:

Walleye fishing between Eel Pout go’ers?! yay In all seriousness though, it would be great if you did some prerecorded Fall shows either on FSN or just on YouTube. Regardless thanks for all the great content.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I think Brighthouse dumped FoxWI and replaced it with Fox Boston in my sports package. Looks like I’ll have to watch online and look at James and crew fishing on top of ice.

crappielover89

possible ice in utah by then maybe you guys should come down here and fish the uintas and or other spots if they have ice. uintas are in the teens and single digits right now. some lakes are capping over……
    ya i know already answer is no. but worth a shot.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

This is a great November for Muskies… coffee

gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>leroy golden wrote:</div>

I spoke with Joe and he says we’re headed to Leech this winter.  :waytogo:

Still chuckling over this exchange…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.