IDO Land Owners

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

For the IDO land owners,
    Has anyone recently received an out of the blue property purchase agreement in the mail from a J2R Properties outfit out of ND? I just recently received something with an offer where “they can deliver a cashier’s check to your door in as little as three days…”. The offer BTW was for $254/acre. As far as I can tell this “oufit” started in 2021. The website is powered by GoDaddy with little to no information and no listings. It struck me as an exploitation ploy.

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

I rec’d something similar about 6 mo ago. Not sure who it was from. It was also dirt cheap. I paid $230/acre for my farm 40 years ago. Now its worth 15-20 times that at the least. Don’t know who would take them up on that offer but I’m sure they’ll keep trying.

Brad Dimond

I took a look at their website. Very little info other than that they are out of Bismark ND, are a LLC and are “family owned”. No property listings at all.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The offer BTW was for $254/acre.

They won’t be doing much purchasing at $254 an acre. I suppose they figure 100,000 shots in the dark may eventually hit the one guy that thinks, “Well hell, that’s double what grandpa paid for it back in the day. I’m selling.”

Grouse

LabDaddy1

Received some BS a month or two ago I think it was, in the mail, offering to buy our hunting property east of hinckley. Was a ridiculously low amount as well. Don’t remember who it came from.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’m wondering if they applied some type of generic search like rural vacant classifications and threw out a number of darts. Maybe with Covid a dart or two would land on a desperate cash strapped landowner who might part with the “back 40” in a quick transaction.

tornadochaser

$254/acre? rotflol That’s $6 cheaper per acre than what we get for cash rent on one of our 80’s. jester

Dane Hedquist

Where do you live? I have 120 acres in Minnesota. I have been chasing the J2RPROPERTIES.COM. and Gietzen Investment Group, LLC. First they use a privacy firm to hide who owns their domain name and pays the server bills. Is your offer from a Jessica Gietzen? I have tracked her to Doosan Engineering in New Jersey. But she has a Bismarck phone number? J2R Real Properties LLC was registered in Owatonna in February 2021! Just a ton of alarms. Look at the Facebook page. Professional, using a purchased licensed adobe graphic? Who does that for a real estate business Facebook page? The web site is a GoDaddy hosted site but who hires a Domain Privacy firm?
    Sorry but if you want. I have more. Doosan owns Bobcat and had a 5700 person construction company in south Korea and worldwide.

Reef W

but who hires a Domain Privacy firm?

Almost all registrars provide that for free and by default now. domainsbyproxy.com is who godaddy uses. Look at the whois for in-depthoutdoors.com for example.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Where do you live? I have 120 acres in Minnesota. I have been chasing the J2RPROPERTIES.COM. and Gietzen Investment Group, LLC. First they use a privacy firm to hide who owns their domain name and pays the server bills. Is your offer from a Jessica Gietzen? I have tracked her to Doosan Engineering in New Jersey. But she has a Bismarck phone number? J2R Real Properties LLC was registered in Owatonna in February 2021! Just a ton of alarms. Look at the Facebook page. Professional, using a purchased licensed adobe graphic? Who does that for a real estate business Facebook page? The web site is a GoDaddy hosted site but who hires a Domain Privacy firm?
    Sorry but if you want. I have more. Doosan owns Bobcat and had a 5700 person construction company in south Korea and worldwide.

The property is in Carlton Co, MN and you are correct on the offer. What’s really bizarre in terms of a potential scam is: “we’ll offer you a rock bottom deal but you have to act fast”.

Dane Hedquist

The first thing that made me curious was no unredacted contact in the raw RDAP. I have mostly found that I could find one function of the ICANN registry, even for a GoDaddy hosted site, that has a seperate email. I may have always assumed the abuse reporting and web content reporting email and names being redacted is a “pay for” upgrade? But the whole j2rproperties and j2real properties thing is still sketchy. The corporate structure timing and the Facebook and actual web site are…weird.

Dane Hedquist

I am in Carlton county. By my count I have around 12 people who’ve received weird ass offers. Like someone wants to have a paper trail of low offers before someone else actually makes an offer? I have reported this to Zoning, County Attorney and the Sheriff. Your point that these offers are too low to take serious. So why?

Virtual Land

I just received my offer from J2R properties for my land in Carlton County. For less than 1/10 of what it’s worth.

Interesting that they seem to be targeting this area.

What do they know that we don’t?

My land is former Potlatch plantation land, and is classified as Forestry Land.

Anyone else have that in common?

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Interesting that they seem to be targeting this area.

What do they know that we don’t?

My land is former Potlatch plantation land, and is classified as Forestry Land.

Anyone else have that in common?

Our plot of interest is classified as rural vacant. One thought that came to my mind relates to the copper/nickle in the area. The state had the mineral rights on our Carlton Co property and they’ve already leased those rights to a mining company so that didn’t quite add up.

Dane Hedquist

For those on this blog that can verify my efforts in comparing the LinkedIn results for Jessica Gietzen and the Google results. One Jessica is a real estate investor and one is a Program Manager for Doosan. I have tried to reach out, by email, to the Jessica Gietzen who is a Program Manager for Doosan Engineering, she didn’t answer. I will try to contact the j2r real Properties one this week.

Aaron Rowe

Hopefully I’m not late to the party on this forum. I saw a listing for a couple acres in Carlton Co and I called J2R. They returned my call and left a voicemail from Jessica saying I could come check out the property anytime by myself. And it’s oddly cheap. Same adobe graphics as mentioned on the listing. I will be contacting my realtor to check on the legitimacy of this property. According to Carlton Co plotbooks it says its owned by J2R Properties with the same Bismark phone number listed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.