IDO Heading West!

• zipdogfishing
    Utah

I saw on Facebook that the IDO team is heading west. If the rumor is true that they are heading to Cascade Lake, that’s getting close to my neck of the woods! Excited to watch that episode, making that drive is more realistic for me than planning a trip to MN or the dakotas. Hope you guys find some big perch! Drop down to Utah for some fat rainbows and cutthroat on your way home )

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Which Cascade Lake?

Attachments:
    1. Cascade-Lake.jpg

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Well that would go well while out on the ice I’m sure! Haha

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

The rumor is true! More to follow…

A – Aron
    Red Wing

I lived in cascade Idaho and yes the perch are huge!!! A lot of the locals are not well lets say up to snuff on how ice fishing is these days, so Im guessing some good old boys from the midwest will slaughter some pigs. ”

I always laughed when everybody talked about Mille lacs and Devils lake perch” nothing compares.

A – Aron
    Red Wing

I always use to use cut bait and jig for them like Walleyes, make sure to make a stop to MCcall and go to the brewery. and fish for huge Mackinaw

Tonka
    Minnesota

That’s dope, I was just thinking how it would be cool for the guys to take a hike somewhere out of the norm. Looking forward to it gentlemen…

castle-rock-clown

I thought they fed and baited those perch with French fries? How else could they get so rotund. Are the IDO guys using that young girl as a guide, she sure can catch the big ones…how do they say, supertankers!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

My guess is that the subliminal beckoning was too strong to ignore.
    IDO…IDAHO

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

My uncle used to live in Montana and the locals would throw big Perch on the ice and leave them, called them garbage fish. He would gladly take theirs with his. He said the one lake he fished there was no limit on Perch, all the locals wanted to catch was trout.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

My uncle used to live in Montana and the locals would throw big Perch on the ice and leave them, called them garbage fish. He would gladly take theirs with his. He said the one lake he fished there was no limit on Perch, all the locals wanted to catch was trout.

Looks like I now know where to go when I want a fresh fish fry when I’m out west! Unbelievable that they would throw arguably the best eating fish out there on the ice as a garbage fish.

castle-rock-clown

Same thing in Maine, if it’s not a trout, it’s garbage.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Same thing in BrianKsWorld. If it has scales it’s not worth thinking about.

My world like FIGHTING fish!! woot

But perch are tasty. smirk

Andrew Alexander

They be Biting!…..Can’t wait to watch the show!

Attachments:
    1. Ice-Fishing3.jpg

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

The IDO crew had a fantastic first morning and landed some giant perch! Here’s a few quick shots from the drive to a glimpse of the first perch iced! More to come.

Attachments:
    1. First-Perch-1-of-1.jpg

2. Photo-2015-01-26-02.16.27-PM.jpg

3. IDPERCH.jpg

4. Photo-2015-01-26-02.15.48-PM.jpg

A – Aron
    Red Wing

Yea I left that part out because I didn’t think anybody would believe me, but yes a lot of people throw them on the shore or put them in the garden. If it isn’t a salmon or a trout its garbage to them.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Great pictures! Can’t wait to see the show.

Dave

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Hope a new bullwhip made it to you Andy.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

What size hole is that in the first pic? That perch is HUGE!!

FDR

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

It’s a 7″ lazer hole.

I let John know I needed a new bullwhip! Still does not take away the sting of losing the first one , lol.

Mikeo2
    NULL

Are you guys using a guide service on cascade?

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

There is only one operating guide service on the lake. The state has very tight limitations on fishing guides. Basically, one per lake.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

The big fish continue to pile up in Idaho! With the episode of IDO TV wrapped up, James, Andy and the crew get in on a little “fun fishing!”

Attachments:
    1. James-perchin-1-of-1.jpg

2. Andy-Perch-1-of-1.jpg

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Andy was tasked with putting us on fish, no guide service. I’d say he held up his end of the bargain!

bee
    Maine

Yea I left that part out because I didn’t think anybody would believe me, but yes a lot of people throw them on the shore or put them in the garden. If it isn’t a salmon or a trout its garbage to them.

Same here in Maine. So many uneducated fishermen.

zipdogfishing
    Utah

Those look like some dandy perch James and Andy. Cant wait to see this episode! Hopefully you guys got to do a lot of ‘fun fishing’ while there!

Tonka
    Minnesota

Cascade Lake has got to go on my bucket list, awesome pics cannot wait for the show!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Looks like it’s gonna be an awesome show!! Nice perch!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Those look like some dandy perch James and Andy. Cant wait to see this episode! Hopefully you guys got to do a lot of ‘fun fishing’ while there!

Biggest perch I’ve ever seen hands down no question about it. And not just one big perch here or there. They’re all big. Towards the end of the day we stopped filming any fish that wasn’t 14 inches or bigger. doah

I love this lake!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.