Lake Pepin / Lake City Ice Fishing Tourney

• weldon
    Rochester, Mn

I saw in the paper the Monday newspaper that Saturday’s ice fishing contest at Lake City was won by an individual with a catch of a 1 oz crappie to claim the $500 prize. Consider for a moment that ~300 people were fishing in this contest….

Then, he goes on to have his name pulled to win the top $1000 prize in the raffle. I guess when it’s your lucky day…, then it’s YOUR LUCKY DAY!

I had spent 3 afternoons over the preceding 3 weekends with the same luck as 299 of those participating last Saturday… In my case, I was fishing just off the marina and saw lots of fish showing up on the depth finder, but just not interested in my offering…

Link to Rochester Post Bulletin article

seeds
    Bluff Country

Yep, I’m with ya there man. When it’s your day it’s your day Now I thought it was my day and all taking the “ice drilling” comp and also the “kick the bucket” comp… I guess $1500 sounds better but, I’m not complaining lol.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Size matters didn’t matter. It was the only fish caught.

Maybe they should change locations. The catch numbers has been miserable in this one for many years. They should hold this straight out from Roschen Park’s ramps.

seeds
    Bluff Country

Agreed but, I’m guessing they like to get everyone into the club after the tourney. That way they can raise some money and all. I do wish there where more fish caught though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.