Revised Date: River Road Ice Derby – Jan 23rd

• B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Hey guys…please mark it on your calendars again this year. We’re once again holding our annual Ice Fishing Derby at the main boat landing in Stoddard, WI. Our main prizes (1 of 9 chances to win) and door prizes are unmatched in the area and everyone is guaranteed to have a good time! Entry forms and detailed tournament information are available at local bait shops in the La Crosse area. Hope to see you all there and let me know if you have any questions!

Updated Flyer:

Hope to see you guys there!

walleye24
    NewHartford IA

How is the ice fishing in Stoddard? I live in Newhartford Iowa but have a trailer in Seneca WI. Love to ice fish Stoddard. Hoping to make it up there the 16th and the 23rd. hopefully the fish are on the bite.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

I’ve heard that it’s been hit or miss and it’s best to stay away from the crowds. We’ve just learned that Cabela’s has graciously donated some more door prizes for this event. Should be some good door prizes being handed out afterwards including new ice rods (St. Croix included), gift certs, jigs and other great prizes! Need to be present to win.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sounds like it is going to be a great event Brian

duckilr
    Mississippi River

ttt

ses
    Mississippi River

Nice prizes……..might just have to hit this up.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Hey guys, I’ve had a couple calls regarding the policy on keeping fish alive for the weigh-in. Our rules state nothing about keeping the fish alive to weigh in. HOWEVER, if a fish looks as though it’s been frozen for a long period of time, we will NOT allow it to be weighed in. This is by the discretion of our weigh master. In other words, try to weigh your fish as soon as you can. This is also advantageous for the angler because time of weigh-in is the tie-breaker on same sized fish (which we had happen last year). Hope to see you guys there…should be a good time.

BTW – forgot to mention we will be having hot dogs/hot cider/soda and MAYBE beer (working on it) served after the tournament.

ses
    Mississippi River

Quote:

BTW -and MAYBE beer (working on it) served after the tournament.

Beeeeeer!

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Is there a entry form or Tournament details online anywhere?
    just wondering if there are boundries to follow?
    shacks no shacks?

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Here are the rules in full for clarification. I’ve also included the entry form if anyone wants to print that off, fill it out, and just bring it to us in the morning rather than filling it out the morning of the tournament.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Another thing that I might add and have had calls on about are the core prizes…they ARE limit one per contestant. In other words, if you have a 1st place perch and a 3rd place crappie, it is your discretion which prize you want…but we can guess what the choice would be.

Boundaries are basically the “box”. From the landing out towards the main channel to the rock island, then goes as far north as the rocks on the north side of the “box” by the by boat houses on the north end of town.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Quote:

BTW -and MAYBE beer (working on it) served after the tournament.

Beeeeeer!

Unfortunately we were not able to obtain a license from the village of Stoddard for beer (long story), but feel free to bring your own. There are no rules against drinking out on the ice or after the tournament…we would just like to be sure any mess is not left behind.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.