Marcum VS625SD – weird behavior???

• doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

On Saturday I had the following scenario happen when using my camera.
    This was on a somewhat clear lake, but enough visibility for a good camera shot.
    First spot: dropped it down 28 feet to bottom and saw what I expected. A good camera shot of small perch and a walleye. Everything as normal.
    Moved to a second spot. This time the spot was 31 depth and literally only 20-25 yards away from first spot.
    Dropping the camera down the hole lost visibility just past 20 feet down. When camera got to bottom just had a very dark screen and could not see anything.

Seemed very odd to me. Would this scenario be possible? To have visibility on camera change so drastically from one spot to next at the same time of day?
    Or is my camera acting up?
    It’s only been used 4-5 times.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

was it switching between the B&W / Color to cause this?

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Quote:

I guess I am not sure. I know I didn’t change any settings. And the color worked the whole time on the previous 28 foot hole.
    Would another fish holes conditions change that drastically?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I guess I am not sure. I know I didn’t change any settings. And the color worked the whole time on the previous 28 foot hole.
    Would another fish holes conditions change that drastically?

Sounds like the available light fell low enough for the camera to automatically switch into black and white mode.

Why would this have happened from one hole to the next? Hard to say, really, but here’s a couple possibilities.

Sun went behind clouds.

Heavier snow pack around second hole cut down on light penetration.

Other than these couple scenarios I’m not sure I can offer anything else.

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Thanks for the help!
    I will give it another test run or two to make sure it’s working properly!

traumatized
    eastern iowa

You should have went back to the first spot to see if it still worked there.
    I used mine twice without problem, third trip switched spots and turned it. NO SIGNAL. Looked and the camera head was full of condensation. Sent it in and had it back in a week with new cable and camera. No explaination or bill so I assume it was covered under warranty. Haven’t been able to get back out with it though. Good customer service and turn around time. But it did cost me $20 to send it in insured. Not what I wanted to do with a camera I was using for the third time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.