Ask yourself this……………….

• Coreyhuberty
    Brainerd,MN

What drives me to fish………?

ekruger01

the fight of a bluegill on 1lb test, on a powernoodle, no other feeling like it!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

for myself it would be numerous things, but the more important aspects that stick out would be; Catching Walleyes, just being outdoors in the fresh air and solitude, Being out there in the dark and watching the sun come up as the city comes to life, the fortunate schedule i have where i can fish 5 days a week and have immediate access to waters that trophy walleye call home, time spent with family and friends especially my grandpa who i look up to in so many ways and who has taught me so much about the outdoors from both the fishing aspect and the forestry/hunting side. In no particular order except for the first one lol! the list could go on and on.

wwayn720
    West central Wi

It’s a battle of witts between me and the fish. The fish’s will to survive vs. my will to pound away for hours trying to out smart a fish . Knowing that sooner or later I’m going to catch THE ONE or ONE’S . You know just thinkig about it makes me feel like fishing I think it may be an adiction

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

My truck!

Sorry, couldn’t help myself!

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

The fights. The smiles and high fives after landing a giant. The family history. Its just relaxing to be on the lake!

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Having your 8 yr old set the hook on a giant and yell for help, telling him he can do it and he does!!! memories forever. Chippman

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Just for the fun of it ! Found out a couple years back fish and my digestive tract don’t mix. So now there is no pressure to bring home for the table. CPR the fish, enjoy watching the wildlife on shore and in the water, good times with friends !

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

For me at least, the truer answer would be, besides the opportunity to be outside, the chance to witness some beautiful and amazing examples of mother nature; is that fishing for me is one of the very few things that, when I do it, ALL the other things in life go away for awhile and there’s just that. The fishing. Because it’s the thing that, when it’s over, I realize that for a time I thought and worried and stressed about…nothing. That’s time worth spending, and a feeling worth having.

-Rev

hgsivu
    Mesa AZ

It is one of a very few things that I ‘want’ to do in life and can afford.

As my wife enjoys fishing as much if not more than I, it’s another way we stay connected and share “Quality” time together.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Ever since I can remember my dad took my brother and I fishing. Most of the time it was shore fishing other times we’d bring the boat or rent a pontoon. Being quite young at the time I remember the days of the common 9-10″ gills on lakes near Webster WI. where our family cabin was. One of the best fishing memories that sticks out in my head from this era is when we were fishing O’conners lake up by the cabin my brother and I were wading out into schools of sunnies and gills that were thick and they didn’t have a problem with coming and pecking at you, I had a sunnie on the line and as I reeled in the sunnie a northern came and tried to eat the sunnie but while in the process got hooked as well, that was the day that started a life long passion and drive for fishing. Nothing better than 2 fish on 1 hook.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Solitude…Serenity…peace of mind

A pontoon Full of uninhibited ladies

got off track a little there

jerry b
    western WI

Quote:

What drives me to fish………?

The sight of a paddlefish coming half way out of the water-ospreys picking up a fish and feeding it to the nest full of younguns. A pair of eagles hooking talons and spinning earthward. A guy on the deck of his tuna boat getting lucky-oops, wrong driver jerr

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m a social critter, so spending time with friends/family while doing something we all enjoy is what does it for me. Throw in a few fish and smiles, well, then it’s a pretty good day in my book.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

It’s an enormous puzzle with hundreds of lost pieces. Fun while playing but the picture will never be complete. Keeps a guy going back for more

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Chasing walleyes and learning more every day I do it. Knowing that one day if I put my time in I will be able to catch and release a trophy too!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The challenge! I am constantly thinking and evaluating on the water and off. Being out in nature is a close second.

abra

Can’t say for sure. I think it’s in my gene code, the wonder of whats going on down there where I can not be.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

The look on the wife’s face when I pee off the side of the boat or maybe this

padgett11

Thats it,you hit the nail rite on the head

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.