Des Moines Winter Games Ice Fishing Derby!!!

• munchy71
    Stuart, Iowa

It’s back and better than ever, folks! This event usually draws over 100 teams, and witht he prizes offered, I can see why. This event is held in conjunction with the Des Moines Winter Games, put on by The City of Des Moines Parks & Rec Department, so entry fee is very affordable. Format is “big fish”, so the biggest fish takes top honors. This also means that everybody has an equal shot at winning the event. So partner up with your kids, your mom or dad, your brother or sister or your best fishing buddy. Fo those that choose not to find a partner, 1-man teams are also allowed to compete.

Saturday, February 5th will be a Kid’s Clinic, which is part of the derby. Cost for the clinic is absolutely nothing, and the first 30 kids leave with their very on ice fishing rod & reel, as well as other goodies.

Saturday night will be our big Ice Bash at the Pioneer-Columbus Community Center on the South side of Des Moines. This event serves as a fundraiser for our non-profit conservation partner, Recycled Fish, aws well as the rules meeting for the derby. Each team is required to have at least 1 member in attendance for the reading of the rules. A Parks & Rec staff member will also be on hand to take registrations that evening. I addition there will be seminars form local ice pros and the folks at Recycled Fish, as well as door prizes, silent auction and free snacks and drinks. Almost everybody goes home with something, and the seminars alone are worth the trip. It doesn’t get much better for a free event, so don’t miss this one.

The attached flyers should have all the info you need, or feel free to contact me with any questions. Hope to see you out there!

-Munchy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.