Stoddard

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

How is the fishing at Stoddard? Im thinking of heading there in the next few days to try it out. I have never fished there yet and want to try something new. Thanks.

icepromk
    sw wi

havent been there for a couple weeks. the crowds have shrunken. usually gets slow this time of year but im sure there is good days here and there just like everywhere. was doing ok in the marina last time there. if you look up the watersedge marina they usually post reports but honestly i think they blow a little smoke. they r gettin there limit in like 2 hours EVERY report. cant blame em they want to get business but in my opinion stoddard has kinda went downhill the last couple years. gotta go in december to really get into em it seems. good luck.

Duke M

I had not fished Stoddard since early December and was not excited about fishing in the Marina as I envisioned a circus atmosphere. Well I went on the 10th with a couple friends and today (12th) with my wife. Monday’s fishing was very good. Yes it took most of the day to pick through fish for a quality limit, but there are a lot of fish there. Today was much slower but the quote of the day was from a guy with a camera. “It looks like an aquarium down there.” Hey, it’s mid January, it aint early ice anymore. Employ all the finesse you can muster, fish the entire water column, and pay attention to the subtle hits and you’ll catch some fish.

Duke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.