Taking the kids fishing!

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Well, my wife had to work Saturday so I was the designated babysitter of my 2 year old son and 3 year old daughter. After the 10th time Addison asked if we could go fishing, I caved in and packed up the youngsters. We were off to a local pond (Norwalk pond) for some Gil fishing. I figured they wouldn’t last long, so we kept it close by. WE got to the pond, loaded everything up, did an inventory check, and off we went.
    1) Heater, check
    2) Strikemaster, check
    3) Marcum, check
    4) Shack, check
    5) Kids, double check

Pulling the sled is never an easy chore, but for some reason it was a little heavier today and I am not sure why(picture 1). About half way out there, I was wore out, so I took a break and had Addison pull the sled for me (pic 2). It wasn’t long before we realized that was not an option and my sled got even heavier (pic 3).

Well after a lot of grunting we got to our spot. Fired up the strikemaster and the pull rope broke 4 inches from the handle At least the auger was running! Popped a few holes and we were ready. Addie put quite the show on and iced a number of gils using the clown Gil Pil. It wasn’t long after that where my son decided to get serious. The first step to that was kicking me out of my heated shack and taking over the use of the LX-5. Now it was game on… Looks like im in the market for another Marcum. I thought to myself perhaps I can get away with a lower end model than the LX-5, then I realized if I did that, I would be the one stuck with it

It was a great time out on the ice with my kids. Definitely challenging, but well worth it! Get your kids out on the ice for a lifetime of memories. And then, you will also have a team to pull your equipment back to the truck

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Great pics. I am sure this trip will provide a lifetime worth of memories for you.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

That’s great stuff!
    My 7-yr old girl is my ice-fishing buddy, and now my 2-yr old girl is bugging me to go too! Gotta find a good, close ‘gill pond for them. Keep that stuff up, you can’t ever stop enjoying that kind of time!
    -Rev

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Awesome pics!

Sometimes the best days are the really quick trips where you never get your own line in the water. Sucess isn’t measured by fish caught, but rather returning home with no wet hands, no hooked hats, and not finding that boots are smaller than the 8″ hole.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Great posts! And thanks for the photos!

I hope you don’t mind if I borrow one for the Petenwell post.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Looks like fun!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.