ATV Tracks

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I own a Yamaha Kodiak 450 and have been concidering purchasing ATV tracks for 2 years now but have been holding off because I don’t know if 450cc’s is enough power/torque to run them. I would like to get a set now and use them with my Kodiak then when I need to upgrade in a few years I will step up to a 700 grizzly. I have a fellow ice fishing friend that has atv tracks and he is unstoppable in any lake condition. His ATV is a 700 Polaris and power is not an issue in his situation.

Im thinking that I would be fine with my Kodiak because I could just leave it in low gear and…..for every 2.5 turns of the track drive sprocket, the track rotates 1 full turn. It has built in gear reduction. I know that I wouldn’t travel very fast, but atleast I could get to where Im going. At times now I know the snow is deep and don’t venture out.

So what does IDO nation think? Have you guys seen anyone with a 450cc or 500cc atv with tracks? Did they work well or am I waisting my time until I get more ATV power?

deertracker

I would get on the Mattracks website and ask them. I’m sure they have tested them on everything out there and built in Karlstad, MN.
    DT

rangerski
    North Metro

Just called Matttracks, $5200 for set of 4 with suspension , $4200 without for my 700 Grizzly esp.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I own a Polaris X2 with the 500HO FI engine. I have also been considering putting on a set of tracks. My Polaris dealer has sold several sets and tells me the 500 HO engine has ample power for tracks. His biggest warning was that I’ll go slower than before. Guess I don’t need 50 mph, but 30-35 would be just fine. The tracks from the Polaris dealer would be Polaris tracks. Anybody have thoughts on this?

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I figured that my Kodiak 450 would have enough power, Im just going to travel alot slower.

The type of tracks i was looking at for my atv are the Camoplast Tatou 4S. For a set of 4 tracks, I was commonly pricing them at $3,500. 5 grand is pretty spendy for tracks.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I own a Polaris X2 with the 500HO FI engine. I have also been considering putting on a set of tracks. My Polaris dealer has sold several sets and tells me the 500 HO engine has ample power for tracks. His biggest warning was that I’ll go slower than before. Guess I don’t need 50 mph, but 30-35 would be just fine. The tracks from the Polaris dealer would be Polaris tracks. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I knew a guy who had a Polaris 700 with tracks on it. His top end was 30 MPH. I would think a 450 or 500 would be considerably slower with the tracks.

Of course I saw the 700 spin the tracks, so he clearly had more than enough low end power for the tracks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.