Strikemaster problems

I had the same problem, broken 8″ blades on a strikemaster mora hand auger that is being used with the Clam adapter plate and a Milwaukee 18v Fuel drill. I think the problem may be that the blades leave a partial lip of ice at the bottom of the hole when they punch through. Then when you pull the auger up out of the hole the blades, which stick out past the auger fins, slam against the lip of ice and eventually break off at the weak point, the bolt hole. I dropped down to 7″ blades and don’t think I’ll have this problem again, as the auger cleans up the bottom of the hole when it punches through. It’s also a bit easier on my Milwaukee drill. Sure, a smaller hole but I saw a video of a guy pulling a 15″ crappie up through a 5″ hole – obviously a tight fit but he got it done. So I think a 7″ hole will do me just fine unless I run into that new state record, lol!

puddlejumper

Talk about the pitch on your laser May that doesn’t want to cut. Take a penny out of your pockets and cut it into quarters what you want to do is loosen your blades up and very cautiously probably what’s hook out, loosen up your Ellen screws that hold your blades in pinch on the back part of the blades to get a gap where you can slide in the quarter of the penny what you cut and then take your hemostat and place it in front where the Ellen screw goes that we when you tighten up your Allen screw again it’ll actually dropped on the front of the blade and give you more if a pitch. Remember StrikeMaster 2-cycle Motors are made to run wide open so don’t feather the throttle when you are cutting you will hear the powerband of the motor kick in when you start to drill it’s going to want to grab a little more but you going to get your whole cut quick use less gas and please watch out blades are very sharp and it responds hopefully it’s good let me know see you on the lake!

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

A Thank You to D-Rock.
    I have a Strikemaster Solo 10″ 2.5 hp that I have owned for 8 years now.
    In December I got it on the ice for its first outing of the year and it did not cut very well at all, and it would stall after attempting to cut holes.
    So, off to D-Rock it went. They adjusted the pitch on the auger, replaced fuel lines along with the tank grommet, and updated the fuel tank vent.
    Now, after getting it back I believe the motor runs better than new, as it was always cold blooded and not the easiest to start. I runs great now and
    and cuts holes as good as a new auger.
    Ron.

Jeff Telander

Got a strike master 4 stroke a few years ago. Starts and runs like a Honda. I love it. More torque and less spin than a jiffy. I like my bibs and boots dry.

Bill Fisher

I currently own an old strikemaster ice auger but it hasnt been working for a while. My fishing buddy has a jiffy pro4 x-treme ice drill and looks fantastic. Should I have my ice auger repaired or replaced?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Take it to D-Rock in New Brighton. They will get it running again.

Rob G

Take it to D-Rock in New Brighton. They will get it running again.

+1 on that great guys to get ya up and running but may be backlogged call them ASAP to get on the list

KD7633
    Iowa

I bought a new Strikemaster 40V about 2 months ago from Cabelas. Have drilled <300 holes probably and now when attempting to drill through minimal ice (~5”), the power head fails to spin. I have checked the connection to the bit and that is fine. I have tried new and freshly charged batteries as well. Seems like with any resistance beyond spinning against air the drive from the power head fails to spin. Has anyone seen this? Also, is there a direct number to Strikemaster customer service or do you have to go through the Rapala/VMC online request. Appreciate the help.

MNBOWHUNTIN

Most likely the clutch/transmission, I’ve had the same issue on my Solo, twice. Easy fix if you like fixing things, parts are fast and cheap from DRock.
    First time I didn’t know what was going on. Second time, it was very obvious the transmission gears stripped out.

I learned the hard way that a guy really needs to have a solid mounting system on an ATV/Snowmobile when traveling. And more importantly if traveling long distances or driving to the lake, just take the powerhead off. Especially true if traveling with an extension or 2 on. The flexing when traveling with the flite on is right on the clutch/transmission area.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

@kd7633, I think you’d get a better response if you started a new thread for this issue. waytogo

Kyle – I’d call this one:

Strikemaster Service Center
    10395 Yellow Circle Dr.
    Minnetonka, MN 55343
    877-572-7278

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I bought a new Strikemaster 40V about 2 months ago from Cabelas.

Being that you just bought it a couple months ago, wouldn’t it still be under warranty?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.