Great Deal on the Otter Pro Ice Cabin

• cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Two questions…
    1. I can get into this shack for $475.00 New in the box. This seems like a pretty good deal. Will I find it cheaper than this?

2. Does anyone have experience putting this rig in a GMC Envoy or Chevy Trailblazer?

I’m wondering if I should go to gander and see if I can get their floor model in my rig.

Oh…and 3. If I pull the trigger today, does anyone want to buy my 2 year old Frabill Trekker?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I was at Gander yesterday and they only had a couple shacks on display and I didn’t see any otters.

codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Quote:

Oh…and 3. If I pull the trigger today, does anyone want to buy my 2 year old Frabill Trekker?

is the trekker a flipover? And how much do you want for it?

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Yep. Its a flip-over and I think $225 is fair.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Hey Chris,

Is that Otter a package deal that includes a cover, hyfax,

and possibly a tow bar?

If so that’s a really good deal.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Nope. Just the tent, sled, and swivel seats. Reeds is selling it for $599.00 right now. Otter is selling them on their webpage for $649.00.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Chris – is this a one of a kind deal or can you share where this price is located? I’m interested in one as well but looking to save some dough. Thanks – Kurt

stelzig

I have a couple of data points for you (from a previous Clam guy)…
    1) $475 is a great price for that house new in the box. I picked mine up at the ice show for a little less, but it took several trips back and forth between Reeds and MG to get the price that low. Take a look on Craigslist and you’ll see that the resale on used otter houses stays up there because they are very well built. You’ll get most of your money back out of it if you decide to sell it in a couple of years.
    2) My Cabin just fits in the back of my 2003 Nissan Pathfinder with the seats folded up (which I didn’t expect).
    3) You won’t regret buying the house. I almost bought a used X2 for more money than I eventually paid for a new cabin. Otter sleds are second to none and will take any abuse you can give them.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

Chris – is this a one of a kind deal or can you share where this price is located? I’m interested in one as well but looking to save some dough. Thanks – Kurt

Kurt. I wish there was more than one, but there isn’t. A guy won it and doesn’t want it.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Right place at the right time! Lucky dog….

Thanks for letting me know.

Kurt

walleye33
    Farmington,mn

I had a Envoy XL and my Clam Voyager fit in that.

joejingle
    Iowa, sometimes Arkansas

I have a otter meduim cabin 2 years old used only 4-5 times like bran new travel cover 2 seats med sled $525.00 Central Iowa 712-830-1638

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

2. Does anyone have experience putting this rig in a GMC Envoy or Chevy Trailblazer?

Chris,

do you have the extended version or short version? This will make a big difference.

FDR

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

It isn’t the XL. So, I would say, the short/regular version.

I’m going to meet the guy tonight and pull the sled out of the box to see if it fits. He said he’d meet me in Winona, but if I wanted to take it out of the box he’d rather me come to his house (15 miles North of Winona) Not a big deal, I guess.

Does anyone in the LaCrosse area have this shanty?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

You could always buy a little trailer if it doesn’t fit. It could come in handy for a lot of things besides the shanty.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Great point Targaman!

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Cpetey,
    I know the Cabin won’t fit snugly in my Land Cruiser so have been toying with just making a ramp to slide it in on. With the nose in first it shouldn’t take too much ramp height for it to clear the folded down seats and get a good fit.
    Sounds like you’re in for a fun day. Good luck
    John

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

The cabin fits inside a jeep grand cherokee with about 1/2 inch to spare length wise. Width is just fine.

mrwalleye
    MN

Kruger Farms has them for $599 if you call them you may still be able to get a show deal
    Krugerfarms.com

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I bought it! Now, who wants to help me put it together?

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I ordered the Otter Cabin from Reeds on Tuesday. It didn’t get to my house today. I wonder if Speedy delivers on Christmas Eve? Otherwise I will get it early next week. Cpetey let me know how your setup goes. I will be working on mine soon.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

I ordered the Otter Cabin from Reeds on Tuesday. It didn’t get to my house today. I wonder if Speedy delivers on Christmas Eve? Otherwise I will get it early next week. Cpetey let me know how your setup goes. I will be working on mine soon.

Honestly, set up sucked. I had a buddy from Gander that has put many together and I was unfortunate to get one that had holes that were off. We had to widen some holes, fix two spring pins, and redrill holes for the seat cross bar because the sled was off kilter. And, it didn’t come with a rope. But, it is put together and in the truck ready to hit the ice tomorrow. A couple more Seagrams and water and I should be calmed down. I almost took up smoking. I’m sure yours will go smoother.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.