Fiska Jigs

• iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

I just picked up some Fiskas. I heard that they are some of the best jigs out there. Anyone ever fish with these? If so how do you like them? Let me know. Also, what colors have you had the best success on or does it really matter? Thanks again!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice looking jigs. How much did you pay for them. I was looking at some this weekend and they ranged from $2.80 to $4.50 for one. Nice looking jigs but seemed a little steep in price for one jig.

How sharp are the hooks on them?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Very effective jig! I will often put a Demon 12″ above, and use one for a dropper.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Hooks are sharp! just get one snagged in a glove and try getting it out….

Jami

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

GREAT jigs
    they fish heavy for there size made of toungsten (sp)
    SUPER sharp hooks that have a “open gap” to them
    hook and hold well
    I use them year round
    any of the colors are good I like the gold and baitfish colors best
    lots of options at http://www.yourbobbersdown.com

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

I absolutely love the wolfram jigs. I have a box full of them in every color and split between 2 sizes( 3 and 4mm). They are tungsten and with the extra weight they sink faster than normal jigs. With a double surgeons loop knot the jigs hangs horizontal combo with a plastic tail and you have a great looking bait. The paint jobs are top notch and have had only a few jigs chip at all. The hooks are one of the best features. The are super super sharp and strong. Only bad thing is the price per jig. Every year I try to buy about 40 bucks worth and add to the collection. As for colors I guess its your preference I suppose. I like pink, anything with glow, purple and all the metalic jigs. They fish so true and fast you cant go wrong with a few of them. Hopefully this helps and fell free to PM me if you have anymore questions. Dan

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

I paid three bucks for mine. I only bought three seeing as I was at the end of my monthly budget for fishing already. My dad was amazed when he felt the weight difference so I think that it will be good. I know that they are a little steep but everything that I have read says that they are some of the best jigs on the market.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I remember last year when there was legislation to ban the lead jigs, manufacturers were saying that there would be no demand for the jigs not made from lead due to pricing, this thread makes it appear that a quality product can and will sell. I have a couple Fiskas jigs, I like to be able to downsize the jig size and maintain the weight.

gaustin
    SW MI

I have been fishing the Wolfram jigs in the Fiska line for nearly 10 years now. A must for me when fishing deep, The weight of the jig and being able to downsize is the key for me when fishing pressured fish. No matter if you match it with a micro-plastic or live bait you have a deadly combination. I like the basic colors and probably 80% of my collection are in the glow colors. 3mm and 4mm will cover all your water levels. Yes they are a little steep in the sticker price but you get what you pay for. I had some issues with quality on a few last season but looking over the racks of them this season they may have had a small batch sneak through the Quality Control person. I saw a guy last Fri catch a 27” Northern on 2# test and when I walked over to help him out I was surprised to see a 3mm clown color Fiska in his beak. I laughed as he said thanks for helping me out that was my last one of that color and I lost $12.00 worth of jigs the last two days ……

tjgeerdes
    Rice Lake, WI

I have about 7 or 8 of the wolfram’s. They look similar to a marmooska, which I liked and seem as though they will fish heavy. Unfortunately, I haven’t got to try them yet, so when I do I will report back.

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Great. When I get out to use them I will also report back here and let everyone know what I think. Not that what I think matters all that much but since I started the thread I might as well follow up and make sure I put my money where my mouth is.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.