Marcum camera visibility

• doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Curious how these new cameras perform. I have read a ton on here about how they are improved. Viewed BK’s videos from the depths

I am wondering how they work in dark/stained water. For example, Lake of the Woods, I had always heard that bringing a camera up there was useless….you wouldn’t be able to see anything.
    Has that changed? With the new cameras does LOW become viewable now?
    Do these upgrades now make the camera a great option on the majority of lakes? All lakes?

I’m really interested in getting a camera (if the powers that be approve it ). I just want to make sure it will work on most lakes I fish.

Thanks for input!

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

wondering how they work in dark/stained water. For example, Lake of the Woods, I had always heard that bringing a camera up there was useless….

I have a 825c and brought it with last year. Could not see anything. Took it out of the water and put it away for that lake. Any clear lake it is great…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yeah Doubleshot, the Marcum camera is amazing, but it’s not going to work miracles.

I haven’t used a new SD camera on a muddy or stained water yet, but I’m going to bet we’re out of luck.

I did a video last July on P4 (Murky would be an understatement). I could see whatever the camera ran into and that was about it.

Nice wish though!

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Figured as much, but just wanted to make sure I had all the facts!
    Thanks for the responses
    It’s still very high on my wish list!!

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I had my VS825sd on a heavily stained,snow covered lake this morning, and it wont work miracles.after the camera was 2 ft below the ice,visibility was zero,even with the light on. But it sure has a easy to see bright screen.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for reporting in!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.