Best all around Ice Line

• tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

It’s time to get some new line. I put on Fire line crystal. It worked ok seemed to have a lot of memory (not that I used it a ton) I only have one main rod so I use it for panfish and walleyes. What is a good all around line that you would reccommend for jigging and potentially dead sticking.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

You had memory with fireline? My favorite line is berkley 4lb. xl.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

It seemed to not come off the real easily and would coil.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

It seemed to not come off the real easily and would coil.

When fireline is new it has an almost “waxy” coating on it that makes it much stiffer initially than it would be after a couple uses.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As for favorite ice line I’ve not found anything better than the Berkley Vanish (blue box) in 2 – 4 lb test.

inge66

I second the Vanish too!!

DSchuh
    Golden, CO

I’ve had good experiences with both P-Line in 2lb and the Berkely as well. I believe they are both Flourocarbons, may be the ticket

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Pline for this guy!

ntw
    Eastern MT

I use 4 pound smoke fireline for me on my walleye rods because it won’t break unless it gets sliced by a gator. I use 2 pound for panfish, I think it’s micro ice. I tried the crystal fireline for panfish, but didn’t like it because the line would never hang straight with light jigs.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I believe smoke original Fireline is only available down to 4# test. 3# test and under is crystal Fireline. I like the smoke Fireline better and if available in 2# I’ll be all over it…when I need new line.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.