The Ice is Thin, The Fish are Thick!

• ealbrecht

Was up in the Crosby area all weekend for a little first ice excursion. The girlfriend and i got up to the cabin friday afternoon and were a little surprised to see one of the lakes still wide open. Luckily the one across the road was locked up with up to 3″ in some places (though we did find some ice as thin as 1.75″). Once we slowly made it out to our spot checking and rechecking the ice thickness, we found the fish were ready and willing! Most fish came on Fatboys and plastics, a few came on Darters and Brittany got a bunch of bass on the Slick Jig. We caught a whole bunch of different species including: bluegills, crappies, green sunfish, pumpkinseeds, bass, and even tullibee. After water started pooling at our feets on saturday, we decided to cut the day short and just hang out around the cabin. Woke up sunday to find all of our slushy areas had frozen hard and were good to walk on again, Brittany put on a Slick Jig and a plastic and couldnt get the bass to leave her alone, they were completely engulfing the thing! Here are a few pics from sunday, none from saturday as we didnt trust bringing the camera out with us then.

fishinfool
    mn

God, ya got me itching , but this 265 pounder wants at least 4 solid to venture out. Yep Im a chicken…
    Nice looking fish.

FISHINFOOL

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Great looking fish. Sounds like a lot of fun.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Very Nice Bobb-o

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Very lucky man for two reasons. #1, you have ice you can fish on, and #2, you have a significant other who will go fishing with you. My wife won’t even think about going out on the ice Great lookin fish though and good luck the rest of the season. Be safe!

ealbrecht

fishinfool, i weigh in at aboot 285 and didnt have a problem out there.

Iceman, not only does she love to fish, but i met her at a fishing tournament!

iceman1985
    Grand Rapids, MI

Quote:

Iceman, not only does she love to fish, but i met her at a fishing tournament!

You lucky [censored]! Good on ya. I am hoping that one day she will come when my son, when he is old enough, asks why does mommy never come ice fishing with us? I will tell him to go and beg her and then away we will go. HA HA HA HA. Yeah right, in my dreams.

bee
    Maine

You ars makeing me almost cry. Thanks for the post

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.