How to clean a MarCum transducer

• SHONW

Went ice yesterday for the first time this year! Checked over all of the gear several times over the last few weeks. The only thing I didn’t look at was the transducer on the LX-3tc. Drilled a few holes and I was going to check them out with the MarCum. Crap, the transducer was stuck in it’s foam nest. I was able to get it free and rubbed off most of the foam that was stuck to it and was able to use it. I still have some foam and sticky residue stuck to the transducer. What can I use to clean it. I figure someone here should be able to help me. I did catch a 22″ walleye, one 11″ crappie and a few small northerns.

Thanks for the help
    Shon

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What did you have your ducer into last year!

Dawn for Dishes and warm water would be my first choice, then Goo Gone.

I’ve had mine freeze in the nest with but it’s only been water holding it there. Where the sticky stuff came from is the mystery.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Make a paste using baking soda and water. Then use this to polish the under side of your transducer

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Same thing happened to me last year. I cut out a piece of Reynolds non-stick aluminum foil and put it in the nest. Has not stuck since!

pete/ny
    Youngstown NY

WD-40 works great for removing any sticky residue on things.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Spray or brush some mineral spirts on the glue and let it soak for about 10 minutes. The glue should wipe off pretty easily and if there is still some glue just wipe it with a rag wet with mineral spirits. When it is all removed clean the mineral spirits residue with warm water and a degreasing dish soap.

doonan
    Storm Lake, IA

happened to me a couple times used wd-40 got most of it off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.