My new favorite tools

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

That monster box and attachments sure look purty on my old four wheeler. After doing a lot of reading and browsing Otter Outdoors web site I decided what I was going to do to protect my gear. I just could not decide which box I wanted medium or large. After reading a post where Kooty was putting a cover on the top tray of his large box I thought I may need a large. But after talking to Matt Grow with some reassurance I decided to get the medium. I didn’t know when I ordered it but the medium has a weight capacity of 180 pounds, sure I know that fishing gear isn’t that heavy but I also know that ice jigs are pretty small. As you can see in the first picture I put my tackle bag, my VX1, and VS380 in it and still have plenty of room for tip ups, extra clothing, and anything else I think I may need. And the box also carries my rod box and auger. What else do I need?

codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

that is awesome dude!!!!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Well, load her up! Were heading to milli at 4 am. See you up there!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yep, I love putting all of my junk into the trunk.

I bought a used large box and it is a bit over kill, but the price was less than half of retail.

Richard V.

That is a trip I can’t make at the drop of a hat.

Good luck

a1a

Why not just use a semi-truck?

toothycritters

man is that sweet! give me some things to do to my 4-wheeler for next ice season….

Richard V.

You know that stuff is not too expensive, sure the box cost more than other manufacturers boxes but Otter adds a lot of options that ice fishermen like. For example can you find a sweeter way to carry your rods or auger? They also make jugs to carry water or fuel and a carrier to haul 5 gallon buckets. And then you still have all of the room inside the box. I think the medium has 10.5 cubic feet and the large has 15 cubic feet, heck I had refridgerators with less room years ago.

buck-slayer

Only thing that would make that set-up sweeter would be tracks on the 4 wheeler.

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Quote:

What else do I need?

ICE!

Todders

That is just nice, rather have it and not need it than the other way around.

Richard V.

TTT

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.