strike master solo problem?

• crappies

i got a new solo for christmas and at first it ran like a champ. the last month not so well. i changed the spark plug put some different fuel in it adjusted the throttle. also the carburator i adjusted. still the same. it starts up and runs for about 3 seconds. if you pump the gas it runs longer and then dies. the throttle half on while pumping will keep it running. if you open it up the rpms will not max out but barly keep it running. is it the fuel filter? and where is it located? man i love this machine one of the best i ever owned just so frustrated. if you have any suggestions please let me know thanks.

fish2live
    hampton,mn

bring it to a authorized strikemaster shop found on there web site. it will be covered under warrenty

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

bring it to a authorized strikemaster shop found on there web site. it will be covered under warrenty

I would have done that rite away.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

This is the first I have heard of this type of problem…I am assuming your mixing the oil to gas at 50:1. Give strikemaster a call or like others mentioned get it into a authorized dealer asap…

crappies

i live in rochester mn and i think i found a dealer that will work on it in rochester. rochester tractor equipment. i went to the stikemaster web site and that is the closest dealer that will cover under warranty. thanks for the help guys. i want to get the solo running tip top shape again. i miss it.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Sounds like the float is stuck??

crappies

the float in the carborator?

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Sounds like it is loosing pressure somewhere. Check all hoses before you do anything!

arklite881south

Plastic breather cap?? I’d try run without it once.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

i got a new solo for christmas and at first it ran like a champ. the last month not so well. i changed the spark plug put some different fuel in it adjusted the throttle. also the carburator i adjusted. still the same. it starts up and runs for about 3 seconds. if you pump the gas it runs longer and then dies. the throttle half on while pumping will keep it running. if you open it up the rpms will not max out but barly keep it running. is it the fuel filter? and where is it located? man i love this machine one of the best i ever owned just so frustrated. if you have any suggestions please let me know thanks.

There’s a little plastic cap on the end of the fuel system breather line. Pull it off. Run the auger. If this fixes the issue take the black plastic top off that breather cap and remove anything that might be lodged in there. I had this happen to one of my augers as well. Took a couple minutes to figure it out and once I popped that breather cap off and cleaned it up it ran like a champ from then on.

crappies

i tried taking of the breather cap and it didn’t help any. is that hose inside the tank of the beather hose. is that to be in the fuel or not. because it is not. does that make a difference?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

i tried taking of the breather cap and it didn’t help any. is that hose inside the tank of the beather hose. is that to be in the fuel or not. because it is not. does that make a difference?

No, it doesn’t matter if it is in the fuel. Sorry we couldn’t be of more help. Diagnosing anything like this over the internet is a crap shoot at best. I think you’ll be best served to call Strikemaster. Mike or Cy will get you back up and running.

ealbrecht

sounds like it might be a crack in the fuel line sucking in air, heard of it happening on a few that have been banged around in the back of trucks. Like everyone said mike or cy will get you back up and running very quickly

deckhand
    Rochester, MN

Dude I feel your pain. I too am from Rochester and two weeks ago had the same exact problem. I wound up going to Big Lake and much to my surprise they couldn’t get it going either. So after about a half hour of good attempts they warrantied the power head and gave me a brand new one of off the shelf. The best they could figure was it was a compression problem. Trust me you should take the time to run up there it’s about a two hour drive from Roch and well worth the time, they will make it right free of charge and when you leave it will be working. Nothing against your local mechanic if he can’t get it going your still gonna have to pay him. Any questions drop me a line I’ll check back later on this post.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.