New PB ice eye

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

My new PB ice eye a tank of a walleye at 31” . I got this beast in 40fow 15ft off the bottom. All of my biggest walleyes in the winter have came suspended from the bottom i think that the big eyes are up that high in the water chasing schools of bait so more often than not when you see the big red blob on the Marcum they eat .I’d like to take credit for this beast but if it wasent for a great guide (my cousin Ryan)I wouldent even gone fishing. I can also say that this was the hardest fish that i’ve ever put back down the hole but she was full of eggs and i dont have $400 to get a mount.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Beautiful, reminds me to bring along something to measure fish up, yeah maybe it’s not the same, but I’d do a replica anyways, you can always order one a couple years later.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Great fish congrats

rfisher
    St. Cloud, MN

I’m not really sure who was more excited, you or me! Judging by the smile in the pic, I think you take it hands down. It is truly a great looking eye to pull thru the ice, the dark color was absolutly awsome! Thanks for sharing the time on the ice it is always appreciated and welcomed

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Nice fish! Good Job!

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Nice looking eye!!

I like the dark color of that fish.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Ryan i talked to my Mom and some how i talked her out of taking out a hit on you I forgot to tell everybody that i fell through the ice in the middle of the damn lake That was the most frighting thing thats ever happend to me on the ice. One second i’m drilling a hole the next i’m in the lake

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Very nice fish and great pics too!! Well done!

-J.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Wow, hell of a fish Tim Great job on the release, a framed photo can go just as far

rfisher
    St. Cloud, MN

Thanks! I was trying to think of something to do for her that would get me back into her good graces again. Otherwise I dont think she would let you come fishing with me again What ever you did I owe you!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Congrats on an awesome walleye Tim!

Thanks for putting her back also.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Nice!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That is an awesome eye dude

Quote:

I can also say that this was the hardest fish that i’ve ever put back down the hole but she was full of eggs and i dont have $400 to get a mount.

I also applaud you on the release When ever the funds are available a replica can always be made. With some of the replicas being made now days, good measurements and pictures make it the only way to go for myself.

northstar42
    west central Minnesotsa

That’s a great walleye. Because you were so unselfish there will be many more when those eggs hatch.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Ryan i talked to my Mom and some how i talked her out of taking out a hit on you I forgot to tell everybody that i fell through the ice in the middle of the damn lake That was the most frighting thing thats ever happend to me on the ice. One second i’m drilling a hole the next i’m in the lake

Sounds like you found a new methane hole or pocket. It also sounds like you had a nice mixed bag of fish that day…Catfish, smallies, rock bass, and of course the above mentioned toad walleye….Nice fish Tim and congrats on the release…

Derek Hanson

Congrats on a great fish, Tim!! Really nice looking fish. Catfish eh?

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

That is a beauty. A fish of dreams to most of us on this website.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

WOW she is a brute
    Did you get more pictures and measurements? It would be nice to get a replica later when the funds are avaliable.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

hats off that’s a beautiful fish

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.