Heated Clothing

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I came across a company that manufacters heated clothing.
    Sounds impressive they have a history making clothing for motorcyclists and have come out with some outdoor clothing. I was wondering if any of you have any expierance with this product? I would think a vest combined with some outer gear would make a good combination.
    Bob
    http://www.gerbing.com/coreheat.net/Products/Products.html

big_g
    Isle, MN

I work with a guy who rides cycle and he swears by the stuff. Said he can cruise at 65 MPH and stay warm in 50′ and colder.. I would think sitting still it would be the bomb

big G

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Serious Touring cyclists in the upper midwest have used this stuff for quite a while. With the high prices of base insulated clothing like Under Armour…$199 for a temp adjustable heated vest between your undies and rain Parka is a pretty slick idea.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I can’t speak for the whole set of clothing but a friend and I just bought the heated boot insoles for use in the boat during extremely cold weather. So far, we’re both extremely pleased with the product. We have our boot heaters rigged to plug into the boat’s 12V ports (cig lighter sockets) OR into 12V 7AHr batteries like we use in our Marcums and Vexies. I’ve been in my Clam on the ice and had toasty feet….the product seems very well made and has high quality connectors in the cabling. I just talked with a fellow yesterday who used the whole heated suit to extend his bike riding season well into cold weather. I think this is some great product .

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Don’t you have to be able to plug into the battery?

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes, we plug into the boat batery through a 12V plug (cig lighter style). I actually have a male 12V plug that has several voltage levels to select so it gives me variable heat output into my boot insoles. I can take some photos and share if anyone is interested. The only real thing to keep in mind is having a cord dangling between you and the boat. I use a coiled/extendable cord that minimizes the cord draping onto the floor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.