Beer/rod holder

• Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I made a couple of rod holders for my new flip shack. Very easy to make with scrap wood and cheap wall mount broom holders from Menards, I screwed a 3 inch piece of pvc to the side for a rod holder. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend!

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Awesome! I’m totally going to steal that idea before it gets patented!

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I can’t take credit for the idea, something similar is on the market.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

I don’t need the rod holder but that beer holder is a great idea

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Nice innovation

Just make sure you use the door from now on instead of flipping the shack

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Matth

I see that your shack has round tubing and the broom holder fits around it nicely. I have square tubing in my Otter shack, would those broom holders fit around the square tubing and hold the board?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Matth

I see that your shack has round tubing and the broom holder fits around it nicely. I have square tubing in my Otter shack, would those broom holders fit around the square tubing and hold the board?

If you’re looking for a beer holder / storage unit for an Otter, this is worth a peek.

I had got a lot of use out of mine when I’m fishing out of my Cabin.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Hey Bret did you see this???? These guys take beer out with them fishing!!!! Why didn’t we think of that?

trouter18

Another great idea to prevent fishing from interfering with beer-drinking

sledgod
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I made a couple of rod holders for my new flip shack. Very easy to make with scrap wood and cheap wall mount broom holders from Menards, I screwed a 3 inch piece of pvc to the side for a rod holder. Can’t wait to try it out this weekend!

I bought a couple of those broom holders and am going to try my hand at making one tonight using some oak I have laying around. One question though, did you use 2 screws in each one of those broom holders to keep the board flat and not tilt when weight is put on it? I only ask because they are made to be used with only 1 screw in the middle of the bracket and the board could tilt to the side with weight on it.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Good question Sleddog, I thought that might be an issue as well but with the deck board I used the one screw seems to work just fine. I’m not sure if that would be different with the oak or not? I tried it out today and it seemed to work well. Good Luck!

Todders

I couldn’t tell you how many beers have been wasted in my shack, next year I will have your design, thanks for sharing.

buckmaster

Quote:

I don’t need the rod holder but that beer holder is a great idea

Ditto that!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.