StrikeMaster Does It Again!

• corey-studer

I put in a call at Strikemaster yesterday for a throttle rod assembly and for only $7.80 plus S&H, I’m up and running today!
    Thanks Kristy!

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Strikemaster =

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good thing they have such good service. All I hear about on this site is them breaking one thing or another….

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

Good thing they have such good service. All I hear about on this site is them breaking one thing or another….

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m serious. Wasnt it just yesterday an entire post was dedicated to transporting these augers without breaking them! Oh boy.

PS.I’m refering to their new stuff. I have no gripe with the company.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Simple arithmetic……..

corey-studer

Quote:

To me it’s awesome service as my MAG 2000 is over 10 years old! I don’t care what some of the ney sayers might say. I’m up and running and back on the ice, PERIOD!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

I’m serious. Wasnt it just yesterday an entire post was dedicated to transporting these augers without breaking them! Oh boy.

Mike:

The transport advice wasn’t dedicated or restricted to Strikemaster, or to the new solo augers, rather it was good general advice when transporting any auger. Furthermore, questions on Strikemaster augers are more frequently asked here, as our user base has developed a strong reputation for answering those questions or directing them to people who can.

500 – I’m thrilled to hear you were taken care of well out there, like I was today when I went to buy some more bait-pucks and another snap-cover.

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Mike:

The transport advice wasn’t dedicated or restricted to Strikemaster, or to the new solo augers,

Joel

Oh, I guess it was just the only one mentioned..

seeds
    Bluff Country

Suzuki, your doing us all an injustice here on IDO, people do need help and good members are here to help if they can. We really don’t need smart remarks about a great Minnesota company like Strikemaster… Please keep this site upbeat or I know another site that would love to have you as a GUEST; where there is plenty of people who like to whine and make dumb remarks (FMers).

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Are you suggesting that problems not be openly discused about equipment we all use?
    And BTW maybe you should study up on this website’s policy of no personal attacks. You obvisously need some work there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Please keep this site upbeat or I know another site that would love to have you as a GUEST

Oh Mike, Josh was yanking your chain…but you have to admit that whole “Guest” thing was funny stuff.

You switched to a red flasher after years of listening to us, (I’m mean a Zercom for petesake!) sooner or later you’ll have Big Red drilling your holes too. I’m guessing three more generations of moths in your wallet and you’ll be color matched.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not to change the subject but Kristy? You know, Kristy at StrikeMaster?

She LOVES boxes of DARK Godiva Chocolate.

Link<<<

I’m not saying…just saying…

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike:

The transport advice wasn’t dedicated or restricted to Strikemaster, or to the new solo augers,

Joel

Oh, I guess it was just the only one mentioned..

I didn’t want to have to go into the new Jiffy’s being fully encased in plastic this year. So, as an addendum to my post, I will add that the listed methods are good advice for about any auger, as even the older metal ones of both Strikemaster and Jiffy’s lineup are prone to damaged/bent throttle linkages, mufflers, and switches.

In an effort to derive some more positive contributions, Mike, how do you transport your auger via sled or snowmobile?

Joel

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I’m sensing some tension? Can’t we all just get along?

By the way, I have a 10 year old Strikemaster, and wouldn’t trade it for a new Jiffy if you paid me.

damman
    Pepin county Wi

Boy,reading some of these replys makes me homesick

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Just wanted to say that My recoil spring broke on my Lazer Mag Express this weakend. Probably pulled her out a little to far in the -20 degree temps. Any way I called strike master mon at lunch and tues when I got home from work the spring was here. I haven’t messed with a recoil starter befor so I called strikemaster and talked to the tec who walked me through the process of putting it back together and setting the tension on the recoil. I thought that was awesome how many companys out there are willing to do that. Ive never owned any other brand to now what kind of problems other augers have or don’t have but Strike master obviosly cares obout there costomers.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Awesome!!! Thats why Strike master is #1

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m starting out from scratch with the new designs forced by a different engine. My current auger will likely last a few more years so I can see how things go. I have always been dissapointed when the auger mfg’s replace former metal components with plastic and things break that never did before. And I transport mine on the kolpin clamp things mounted to the front of my wheeler. But I rarely use the wheeler. More often than not it sits in portable which I pull out by hand or pickup when ice is thick.
    Briank- I had a colorpoint before they were cool…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

colorpoint

Sorry Mike.

That was the flasher that came out right after Lorances Green Box…right?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I’m starting out from scratch with the new designs forced by a different engine. My current auger will likely last a few more years so I can see how things go. I have always been dissapointed when the auger mfg’s replace former metal components with plastic and things break that never did before.

Horse and buggy worked for years but I’ll take the truck.

Plastic components have come a long way. Manufacturers are constantly trying to go lighter, Stronger, and less expensive. Thats always the goal.

There are millions of applications that steel once served that are now served by composites. Take a look at the vehicle you drive.

A popular plastic composite for the outdoor industry is uhmw polyethylene (ultra high molecular weight). This is the composite that our Otter sleds are made from. You’ve also seen it used for snowmobile ski’s. The term Hyfax is a geneic term for uhmw polyethylene. It replaced bogey wheels on snowmobiles. A few more examples are vehicle bumpers and other body components, salt sheilds for trailers, and fluid tanks, power tool housings. The list can go on forever.

To have the mindset that “Its not steel anymore, so its weak now and the manufacturer went cheap” is a closed minded way to think. The days of building things from the short list of strictly aluminum and steel are over. Manufacturers and engineers spend billions of dollars figuring what new materials can do.

My recurve bow and arrow never broke, but I’m still going to case my rifle and scope before I pack it in the horse and buggy.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

colorpoint

Sorry Mike.

That was the flasher that came out right after Lorances Green Box…right?

Dude. You are SO much older than me..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You missed my point Matt but nice ramble.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Quote:

I have always been dissapointed when the auger mfg’s replace former metal components with plastic and things break that never did before.

Quote:

I’m serious.

Quote:

Wasnt it just yesterday an entire post was dedicated to transporting these augers without breaking them! Oh boy.

Quote:

I’m refering to their new stuff.

Quote:

You missed my point Matt but nice ramble.

What is your point and what is it you’re disappointed with then Mike? I don’t want to continue to ramble if its not hitting your “points”.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m just going to drop it. Have a nice day.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

boy! this guy reminds me of the mother in-law

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Matt

I on the other hand did enjoy your ‘rambling’-you made some good points.

Mike

– I dropped it to, Have a nice day.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Darn Ioweaegions.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Mike

Yep, an Iowa boy. To good of an opportunity to pass up. No hard feelings.

Everyone has opinions, thats what makes IDO a great site.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.