MarCum 380 vs 820

• stevenoak

Have a chance to pick up a new 380 for $250.What is gained by going up to 820.Also with a 825 with marginal visability do you see that much color?Seems like a good chance to up grade from aqua veiw.Don’t use a camera much while fishing,more for finding structure.Thanks for any help.Steve

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The 820 will have a larger “super high-resolution 600v x 800h LCD screen”.

Color is going to be limited by light penetration.

But it sure is nice to watch fish with!

stevenoak

Heres the deal.Already have done three upgrades this winter L-X5, Snosuit and h2o.If I can get $100 for my aqua view scout it would be $150 to have a MarCum 380,Then maybe next year look at the 825.At that point $100 for color,why not.I put some fish structures in my favorite ice fishing spot this summer and my memory is not what it use to be,even then it wasn’t good At this point I’m asking if Aqua View to 380 upgrade worth $150.

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Here is the 820 B&W, farm pond, mostly cloudy day, 14ft down. HD camcorder.

here

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

If the Aqua view works well enough just keep using it. If it just does not give you what you need by all means go ahead and get the VS380. I have one and like it well enough, hopefully the lake I fish will allow me to see better once the snow is off of it, the water is just too milky to see more than 3 or 4 feet. I did not try it higher in the water column I am sure if I was not using it so deep I would see better.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

At this point I’m asking if Aqua View to 380 upgrade worth $150.

simple answer: yes, without question.

ive had both of those units that you have listed and would gladly pay the extra money for the 380. its much clearer. i had the aquavu first and for a first camera it was nice, but the 380 trumps any aquavu in terms of clarity and i think it has a bigger monitor as well. and the underwater light system doesnt cloud the picture like aquavu’s does.

the only knock i have on the 380 is i wish it had a harder, more sturdier case to protect teh battery and monitor. i use my gear and would like a little more protection from the usual bumps and bruises. although in the 3 years ive had it now, i havent had one problem with it, its been a great unit.

as far as the 825c? those videos BK put out sure look nice, and i think when mine finally dies and i can afford it, ill upgrade to color. but right now, im more than happy with my 380.

stevenoak

Thanks,help to hear from someone who has owned both.Use Aqua Veiw this weekend and the sun was so bright on the snow I couldn’t see anything.If I had a 12″ auger the whole works might have got a closer look at the bottom Only thing I saw on the screen was a MarCum in my future Thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.