Chris Granrud second to NONE with Rainy Daze!!!!!!

• r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

We just got done spending the last four days on Rainy with Chris Granrud as our guide. As all may know the weather was not in our favor with a massive cold front hitting the first day we got there. Chris put us on the fish and it was our job to get those finicky fish to bite. My dad got a PB 29 3/4 and there were many fish over 22″ inches released in those four days. If anyone is considering a ice trip on Rainy I recommend Chris. I don’t know how he does it in -30 degreee weather elbow deep in an ice hole pulling out a walleye for his customers but he is consistently there to make sure your fish is not lost. Great guy and unbelievable service. I know my four days will be booked for as long as I can still ice fish. I can’t wait to be up there again in March for some late season ice fishing. Also a thanks to Sheryl, Andy, Tucker, and Mike for your help as well to make our trip very memorable. Thanks again..

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

So he DOES catch big fish eh?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

My dad got a PB 29 3/4

Where’s the pictures!?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Quote:

My dad got a PB 29 3/4

Where’s the pictures!?

Rainy lake forum

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Who is this None guy? I may have to book a trip with him

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

We had great time fishing with you guys. Awesome 29 3/4 inch fish

arklite881south

WOW……..I’m blushing……….Oh NOPE thats frostbite, or still recovering from the New Years Eve celebration whick was quickly shocked out of my system with 38 below temps. LOL!! Thanks Ryan for all the kind words. One thing is for certain, and that is we’ll give it 150% no matter what. From there we let the ice chips fall as they may. I’m a firm believer that as long as your on big fish sometimes the best move is no move. Many people will make several moves ATTEMPTING to locate the best bite, and in effect are just moving or searching instead of fishing. When on the hardwater staying with good fish is a bit more difficult than during the open water season especially with poor weather conditions. I try make decisions for our group based on what we’re seeing on our Marcums. Thats why I sound like a broken record sometimes……”YOU GUYS MARKING THEM??” LOL!! If the big fish are there………We’re going to make them bite, or I’m going to get grumpy!! Truth of the matter is BIG fish don’t feed 24/7 365 days a year, so sometimes you need to grind it out on top of them until they decide that those Lightning spoons look too tastey to pass up!! Man I love fishing!! That 29 3/4 was a beautiful fish!! Congrats Jerry!!!

Oh BTW……..Ryan is a heck of a stick!! And I didn’t intentionally whiff on the hook set on that last 22 you iced!! Great job buddy!! AND……. for the last time IT had nothing to do with the PINK line!! PINK line is for icing BIG GIRLS!!

hnd

is it me or did that fish’s butthole explode?

arklite881south

I looked at that too. Never seen anything like that before. Not deep water either. I don’t think it was from our battle. Maybe that HOG had the swine flu. If we thought it wouldn’t make it we’d surely have skin mounted that pig, but she was plenty fiesty.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.