My Marcum 820 1st outing

• fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Went out to Big Creek Lake in central Iowa last Sunday late in the afternoon with some friends. Had to use the new 820.Bought a nice $120 HD camera to record with, and it has a av input on it. 1st video is of blocks on top of a roadbed, and my friends FishTV camera head showing, and the 2nd is of doing a Ratso combo on 1 rod. No lights on the camera head and it was late in the day and cloudy here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwxqC1Hsv6M

jhalfen

Cool footage!

What camcorder are you using to record the video?

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

The camcorder is a AIPTEK 1080P HD, fixed focus, with a cable for anolog input and also HDTV input and output, $120 from B&H photo video online. Easy to use so far.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I forgot how clear a lake can be!

I would have thought those block would hold bait fish.

Nice job!

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Very Cool – No Fish?

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Not much for fish being marked on flashers that day in that area, had to move to deeper water after dark. Was cool using the camera. Hope to have some fish on video this weekend.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Great footage. I would have thought an eye or 2 would have stuck their head out of the rock pile.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Quote:

I forgot how clear a lake can be!

I would have thought those block would hold bait fish.

Nice job!

Those block seem pretty clean not much growth on them or around them. I beleive that is why there were no fish in that area.

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Yep, I agree, no weeds around structure, no fish seen on a flasher or camera, time to move to another area. Wierd there were no baitfish, or a fish to be seen there that day. A lot of others were having the same no fish located thing happen to them there that day. Time to change a few habits on the ice there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.