Fantastic night bite!!!!!

• earnit

So I take the afternoon off from work and enjoy a great day out on the ice! Come home and clean 7 crappie and 10 gills. Put them in the sink to rinse them, head back out in the garage to clean some stuff up. Walk in and see my Weimaraner eating my fillets right out of the sink!! He got over 1/2 of them consumed! Now that I cooled off and sat down with the dog, I had to laugh about it and ask him how how good the bite was tonight.

The look in his eye said, “Damn good”

LESSON LEARNED TONIGHT!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

One healthy dinner for the pup.

Does your dog still fish off the lake near hackesack? I lost three crappie and 2 gills to a dog last year

wilson1984

I have a hard enough time catching enough for myself, let alone my dog aswell

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

hehehehehehe good boy

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Similar….. I had the pan hot and the breading ready…. just waiting for the wife to get home. My 11 year old lab went in the kitchen unnoticed by me and by the time I heard him….. it was too late. All but one fillet left. This was my last batch of fish in the freezer. I was really steamed but it just made me get out on the water faster to get some fresh fish. I think we ended up having hamburgers or hotdogs. Not much of a conciliation. My dog also thought is was D-m good!
    I look back now and have a good laugh!

hags54701
    Eau Claire, WI

Smart dog!!!!! He/She knows when the fish taste the best.

kylem86

I think i can 1 up you on this one! My mom loves to make Christmas cookies, you can probably see where this is going. Well she made a bunch of those ones with the herseys kiss on the top of them. I stopped up at her house and she gave me a hole bowl full of them. So i get home and i had a few of them, (i protect these with my life because they are so good) i had to run to the store really quick and when i got home there laid the bowl on the floor with NO cookies left. I walked in the living room and there she laid on the couch licking her chops, she kind of looked like me after a holiday meal just laying on the couch thinking god why did i eat so much. Well she kind of scared me at first because there was chocolate in these cookies but she is fine and ya i was a little erked about the whole situation but it was kinda funny looking at her laying there thinking she was kinn SH**.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Yep dogs are great, This year my 12yr old engish springer, Aspen got into the halloween candy my wife bought. I was out of town untill a day after, she ate a big mixed bag of chocolate bars and did not poop for 4 days, I was worried and called the vet and they gave me some dog laxitive and the next day it was pretty easy to find the piles by the color of the wrappers, the vet said that as long it is not the unsweeted dark chocolate she would be fine once everything starts going.

Christmas cookies another story about our previous springer, Katie. My mother made a big batch of the cutout cookies and frosted them and let them sit on the counter to cure and sure enough Katie ate 3 dozen of them and was buzzing around the house like her tail was on fire. So the next year my mother thought she would put out a blockade so she couldn’t get to them, well the blockade helped her get 4 dozen instead of just the 3 the year before.

those springers are smarter than a lot of people I know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.