Which Suit?

• wheels2
    Ham Lake,MN

Looking at new winter gear, SnoSuit,IceArmour or Strike Master wear. Whats your take,price,comfort,warmth,durability.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Snosuit all the way. Havent tried the others but have been sitting across the boat many times from cold looking guys in other suits. Have even been nice enough to lend my coat to some of these chilly guys just so we dont have to go in.

Swing into the new Thorne Brothers on 65 and you can check the snosuit out.

wheels2
    Ham Lake,MN

Stopped in there the other day Mike and tried one on, they sure feel like a quality suit. I have an old Cabelas insulated Guide wear suit I would like to replace and I am sure I would be happy with any of these,but I am leaning twords the Snosuit. They sure did a nice job over at Thornes eh!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

They sure did. Glad to see them move into the neighborhood. They are about a mile south of our shop.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Snosuit all the way. Havent tried the others but have been sitting across the boat many times from cold looking guys in other suits. Have even been nice enough to lend my coat to some of these chilly guys just so we dont have to go in.

Swing into the new Thorne Brothers on 65 and you can check the snosuit out.

Snosuit X 2

Its the BEST stuff made in my opinion

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just a FYI – Gander Mountain now sells the snow Suit as well. They will price match others price on it as well. I’m also trying to decide. I think I’ll end up with the Sno-suit when all is done and said

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Ditto on the SnoSuit.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Snosuit fo sho!!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The redesign of the snosuit for the 2009-2010 winter is better than ever…They have lightened up the overall weight of this suit and have not taken an ounce of warmth out of it. I would like to get one of these myself..

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

I purchased a pair of the Strikemaster bibs at the Ice Show last year. They kept me warm and dry the entire season.

Mike

ZEROdegrees

I like the vexilar cold snap suit. Priced right and it it very warm. Check it out at fleetfarm or vexilar.com

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Since Strikemaster wouldn’t sell me only a parka at the Ice Fishing Show, I am purchasing the Cold Snap parka next week. I will give you my review later in the season.

Mike

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I put in a full day yesterday on the water with the snowsuite…

It was better then the guideware by far !!

little-t
    Plymouth WI

I just purchased Snosuit this fall and love it! 40 mph with temps in the upper 20’s—-no problem!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Vexilar, very warm, priced right.

walleyechaser80
    Rochester, MN 55901

if your poor like me.. carhart and a sweater…. and a good mentality ! hehehe

stevenoak

What’s the best deal anyone has seen on Snow Suit.Thorne Bros. $250 each the best I’ve seen.Has any one used H7 Arctic Sheild.Need new deer-coyote hunting coat and bibs.Looking at buying these now and watch for late season deal on Snow Suit.Saw a post on google from last year IDO member discount $480 think James posted,ring a bell with anyone? Steve

little-t
    Plymouth WI

Unfortunately $250 each is what I found. Total of $525 w/tax. Definitely not cheap, but worth it!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I gotta tell you this Sno-Suit is the real Deal. I was skeptical about it and thought that a Vex suit, Ice Armor or even a strike suit would compare and they dont. This suit is comfortable and having the articulated knees and elbows makes a world of difference, you dont feel all stiff and bound up. This thing lets virtually no wind thru it so a cruise up the river in 23 degrees temp was actually enjoyable. Finally the warmth, you just cant bundle up enough to even think you’ll stay as warm as wearing one of these suits. To sum it all up this is the most amazing cold weather gear I have ever wore and as an avid winter outdoorsman between fishing, skiing, wheeling and snowmobiling I dont know how I have gone so long with out a Sno-Suit, simply amazing

Sno-Suit is now part of my winter arsenol

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Has no one tried the Artic Armour by IDI gear? Great stuff plus if you go through the ice you will float!

Fishin Guru

Quote:

Has no one tried the Arctic Armour by IDI gear? Great stuff plus if you go through the ice you will float!

I got the Arctic Armor Plus, best suit I’ve ever owned in my life and the price is right, if you fall through the ice you’ll float. It’s a no brainer IMO.

From what I’ve seen they are all nice suits ,are warm, and made with quality, but the AA suit floats that was a huge part of my decision when I bought one. Works great as my snowmobile suit too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.