Mixing up Jigs

• fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Decided I needed to make up some jiggin spoons with some droppers, even with some plastics. Cant wait to try them out soon.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Thats a cool ideal , it seems on most waters what worked yesterday doesnt seem to work today ,Besides it NEVER hurts to have more options.

If we ever get some good ice,be sure to let us know how they worked.

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

Here are a few Kastmasters, you can also change the hook out on the dropper chains on the right, insert a treble hook into minnow head, and attach it

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I’ve been doing this for a few years too. I’ll take a 1/8oz rattling buckshot spoon and add a dropper with a small trebel. It works great for those picky fish. Long slow pick up and drop motions bring the fish in then they take the whole minnow that attatched to the hook.

Nice looking rigs.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I’ve been using the Hali jigging spoon for a few years now. I previously used Swedish Pimples. I like to be able to bang the big spoon off the bottom. It’s like a dinner bell for the perch. My wife gets so excited when I bring home another color.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Decided I needed to make up some jiggin spoons with some droppers, even with some plastics. Cant wait to try them out soon.

Very nice!

What supplier are you using to get your chain droppers if I might ask?

Thanks!

Joel

fishhead50111
    Central Iowa

The chain droppers are made by HALI, picked some at Scheels a 2 weeks ago. Some have Fas-snaps on both ends, and some with a hook on 1 end.I left the split rings on the
    jigs just in case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.